Question Status

Verified
evan.herndon asked a question on 12 Mar 2014 6:33 PM

I have no problem doing periodic journal entries, but I'm lazy and I don't want to have to remember to post them. How can I have one auto post to the 15th of every month for 12 months?

Verified Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 12 Mar 2014 11:02 PM

Yes you can set it for auto post by assigning it to Batch processing wiht recurssive setup

Once you click 'Post' button to Post the journal.

You can use this form to set the recurssive auto execution of the journal.

Please verify.. if this helps or let me know more details about your case.

Please update with your feedback.

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

Verified Answer
Nitesh Ranjan responded on 12 Mar 2014 11:02 PM

Yes you can set it for auto post by assigning it to Batch processing wiht recurssive setup

Once you click 'Post' button to Post the journal.

You can use this form to set the recurssive auto execution of the journal.

Please verify.. if this helps or let me know more details about your case.

Please update with your feedback.

If this post helps you, Please verify this answer and earn Thank you Badge for yourself (Follow this link for more details https://community.dynamics.com/braggerbadges/badge/48.aspx)

Regards, NITESH RANAJN (PMP) | Dynamics AX Consultant

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Mar 2014 12:49 AM

Hi Evan,

As you have to retrieve the periodic journal lines within a general journal automation is not possible with batch processing only.

Please have a look at this similar thread. community.dynamics.com/.../258159.aspx

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

evan.herndon responded on 22 Mar 2014 2:50 PM

Thanks Nitesh. It looks like batch processing must be setup for this to work. I don't think our implementation team has done that yet.