Question Status

Verified
John Strange asked a question on 22 Mar 2014 7:51 PM

I have a resource that I just changed it's calendar.  Now I am getting duplicate WO's.  Any tips on resolution?

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 24 Mar 2014 12:34 AM

The calendar change has no direct impact on the works orders or the jobs. I would suggest there is some other non-standard routine or integration running on your system that has caused this duplication. Do you for example integrate with a shop floor or scheduling system?

I would recommend talking to your partner because this is a non-standard issue.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Steven Weaver responded on 23 Mar 2014 9:10 AM

Duplicate as in supply is duplicating? So you have a works order meeting demand that is scheduled and it is re-planning?

My suggestion would be to replan any works order going through the resource, then assess any planning creations. At the moment depending upon your setup for coverage groups AX may calculate a required supply that you can make and the old one is not inside the configured days so a second order is created.

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

John Strange responded on 23 Mar 2014 11:12 AM

We changed the calendar on our resource to 24/7 and now all existing orders are duplicated.  I noticed in planned orders it is not duplicated.  I noticed in current operations there are duplicate job and setup ID's.

Thanks

Verified Answer
Steven Weaver responded on 24 Mar 2014 12:34 AM

The calendar change has no direct impact on the works orders or the jobs. I would suggest there is some other non-standard routine or integration running on your system that has caused this duplication. Do you for example integrate with a shop floor or scheduling system?

I would recommend talking to your partner because this is a non-standard issue.