Question Status

Unanswered
stennant asked a question on 24 Mar 2014 11:50 AM

I am trying to calculate a cash discount on an invoice that has a payment schedule, but I would like the calculation to be based on the entire amount of all invoices in the schedule. I currently only see a discount being calculated on the final payment.

I am using a payment schedule for a total of 90 days, broken down into three equal payments and a cash discount of 0% for the first 60 days, with a "next" cash discount of 2% for the following 30 days.

Is there a way to have the cash discount calculation based on the total payment amount rather than just the final invoice of the schedule

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 25 Mar 2014 5:54 AM

Hi Stennant,

Can you tell us which version of AX you are using? Was the payment schedule directly applied when posting the invoice or was this schedule created afterwards?

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

stennant responded on 25 Mar 2014 5:56 AM

This is in AX 2012 R2 CU6. The schedule was directly applied when posting the invoice.

Samit Roy responded on 1 May 2014 1:13 AM

Any new on this? Apparently when there is a Cash discount set on the transaction at the time of posting, the Transaction reorganising option seems to be disabled in the settle open transaction form. It seems Ax doesn't want payment schedule to be created if there is a cash discount term on the transaction.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 11 May 2014 10:48 PM

Hi Stennant,

Due to very busy days I'm not able to retest. Can you review the cash discount settings? When setting up multiple iterations, you have to start with the smallest number of days. Usually this is the highest discount.

So first 3% within 8 days, then 2% within 30 days en then next 0% within 60 days. The latest is not really needed as after the last step, no discount setting is found and thus 0%.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.