Question Status

Suggested Answer
lally asked a question on 13 Aug 2014 4:54 AM

Hi All ,

In Ax 2012 , when purchase order invoice posted for the stocked item , system would posts the following accounts .

Debit Purchase expenditure for product XX

Credit Vendor balance (Accounts payable) XX

Debit Purchase, product receipt XX

Credit Purchase expenditure for product XX

The net of Purchase expenditure for product account becomes Zero .

If i want to know from P&L point of view what is the total purchases for the specific period , How user will come to know ?

User is looking at the main account point of view ?

Thanks in advance.

Suggested Answer
Ihab Barghout responded on 13 Aug 2014 5:10 AM

Hi,

In Accounts Payable Parameters > Invoice, try to check "Post to charge account in ledger".

This will create the entries you are looking for.

You will need to define posting accounts for "Purchase Charge" and "Purchase Stock Variation".

Regards,

Suggested Answer
Ihab Barghout responded on 13 Aug 2014 5:10 AM

Hi,

In Accounts Payable Parameters > Invoice, try to check "Post to charge account in ledger".

This will create the entries you are looking for.

You will need to define posting accounts for "Purchase Charge" and "Purchase Stock Variation".

Regards,

lally responded on 13 Aug 2014 11:28 PM

Thanks Ihab ,

Then what is the use of the Purchase expenditure for product account in Ax 2012 ? ( Always this account balance will be Zero )

Seems to be Microsoft team making changes which is not as per the accounting standards .

Ihab Barghout responded on 14 Aug 2014 3:30 AM

Dear Lally,

I had exactly the same issue you had.

Referring to the Inventory Costing HOL, the Purchase Expenditure for Product is the clearing account between accounts payable and inventory. Additionally, this account is used to book a difference in original cost and the amount a vendor is allowing for the return when using a costing method other than standard costing. And as for the Purchase charges and stock variation they described as European functionalities.

Regards,

lally responded on 14 Aug 2014 5:35 AM

Thank you for the reply ,

Let us wait for the opinion of pioneers for the purpose of the field Purchase expenditure for product  ?

lally responded on 15 Aug 2014 2:18 AM

Hi Pioneers ,

Any updates from your end regarding the importance of the Purchase expenditure for product account  in Ax 2012 ?

Steven Weaver responded on 16 Aug 2014 3:31 AM

Not all items are stocked, compare what happens for a non-stock item that has to use the same posting profile.

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.