Question Status

Verified
Mayur Chavhan asked a question on 13 Aug 2014 5:24 AM

hi all ,

I have created sales order workflow , generated incremental CIL with no errors . When I am doing settings for my sales order workflow i have to mention " insert place holders " where i want to select "salesid " .l but the issue is that I am not able to select any thing inside "  insert place holders"

does n1 knows reason for it ???

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Aug 2014 5:52 AM

Hi Mayur,

The query you have used for the custom created workflow should have the fields listed. Probably you did not specify the fields on the query. You can also add related tables with their fields.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Mayur Chavhan responded on 13 Aug 2014 5:56 AM

hi

I have created a query named " SalesApprWorkflowQuery" with having datasource as " SalesTable" . inside inser place holder i want to select sales id.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Aug 2014 5:59 AM

Hi Mayur,

Check if any fields are added on this query "SalesApprWorkflowQuery". By default if you add a table, AX will not have fields defined on the query itself. You have to add the fields on the query. This is what I meant with my previous reply.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Mayur Chavhan responded on 13 Aug 2014 6:06 AM

hi Andre,

I have checked my query which is already having enum field which i have created in my sales table.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Aug 2014 6:10 AM

I'm getting lost. An enum field is not related to the Sales ID.

Can you share a print screen of the query definition where the Data source node is expanded with the table and fields nodes?

kind regards,

Mayur Chavhan responded on 13 Aug 2014 6:25 AM

Hi Andre ,

I tried 2-3  times , now am able to select fields inside " insert place holders" .

I have set all the properties for it. later on workflow becomes activated without any errors .

but now i observed that i am able to select insert place holder on other companies like DAT and some other ...... but not able to use insert place holder for only 1 company .

is dat ny company issue.

Mayur Chavhan responded on 13 Aug 2014 6:27 AM

mean to say that work flow is not activated on only one company ...... for other companies i am able activate my sales order workflow.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Aug 2014 6:59 AM

Hi Mayur,

You can try to delete your Usage data. (table syslastvalue). There might be some cache preventing showing the correct version of the query in that company.

kind regards,

Mayur Chavhan responded on 13 Aug 2014 7:39 AM

Hi Andre,

I am working on ax 2012 r3.. there is no such table with name syslastvalue.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Aug 2014 8:12 AM

Hi Mayur,

You can open your usage data from the User options form or go to AOT, System documentation, Tables and find the table SysLastValue here. It is not between the other common tables. Open the table browser works a bit different here.

kind regards,

Verified Answer
Mayur Chavhan responded on 14 Aug 2014 12:57 AM

Hi Andre ...

I got that table .....thanks for helping ....

I also refreshes my WCF configuration ....now am able to create workflow design and its processing. working as I can submit my created sales order  and even getting approval from the assigned user ..... but thing is that I have to submit my created sales order two times .... and my senior s approving the same order two times ......then only m getting as process completed ....I want on my single click on submit ....that particular order should go for approval .

Verified Answer
Jonathan Halland responded on 14 Aug 2014 1:44 AM

Hi Mayur. In your class linked to your "Submit" button perform a "refresh" on the datasource to ensure that any status' that you may have updated are refreshed and that your form's "canSubmitToWorkflow" is processed. If you dont do this the submit button will remain and allow you to submit multiple times

General AX Enthusiast and Blogger

http://www.exploreax.com

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Aug 2014 5:52 AM

Hi Mayur,

The query you have used for the custom created workflow should have the fields listed. Probably you did not specify the fields on the query. You can also add related tables with their fields.

kind regards,

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 13 Aug 2014 8:12 AM

Hi Mayur,

You can open your usage data from the User options form or go to AOT, System documentation, Tables and find the table SysLastValue here. It is not between the other common tables. Open the table browser works a bit different here.

kind regards,

Verified Answer
Mayur Chavhan responded on 14 Aug 2014 12:57 AM

Hi Andre ...

I got that table .....thanks for helping ....

I also refreshes my WCF configuration ....now am able to create workflow design and its processing. working as I can submit my created sales order  and even getting approval from the assigned user ..... but thing is that I have to submit my created sales order two times .... and my senior s approving the same order two times ......then only m getting as process completed ....I want on my single click on submit ....that particular order should go for approval .

Verified Answer
Jonathan Halland responded on 14 Aug 2014 1:44 AM

Hi Mayur. In your class linked to your "Submit" button perform a "refresh" on the datasource to ensure that any status' that you may have updated are refreshed and that your form's "canSubmitToWorkflow" is processed. If you dont do this the submit button will remain and allow you to submit multiple times

General AX Enthusiast and Blogger

http://www.exploreax.com