Question Status

Suggested Answer
Syed Zeeshan Haider Jafry asked a question on 9 Feb 2015 6:32 AM

Hi All,

We have been experiencing AX AOS service crash regularly. We have Virtual setup and AOS memory is 24 GB. There is only one AOS installed on the server.  I have already applied the hot fix related to memory leak.

Can any one help me on this.

Regards,

Zeeshan 

AX Techi

Baber Owais responded on 9 Feb 2015 6:44 AM

Hi Zeeshan,

Is it crashing after running any specific process? What is showing in the event logs?

Thanks,

Baber.

Syed Zeeshan Haider Jafry responded on 9 Feb 2015 7:01 AM

It does not give much information, it just said memory full.

I am not sure if anyone having this issue with AX 2012 R3.

Also i have set the max buffer size to 88kb due to some user having issue when processing some transaction.

Regards,

Zeeshan 

AX Techi

Syed Zeeshan Haider Jafry responded on 9 Feb 2015 10:00 AM

Highly appreciate if anyone has suggestion

Regards,

Zeeshan 

AX Techi

Suggested Answer
Amith Prasanna responded on 9 Feb 2015 8:59 PM

Is your Installation Single Server Installation (AOS+DB) ?.

If so try to Limit Memory for SQL Server  and then check.

Is this Fresh installation or have you did any Customization recently ?.

If yes , Was it worked fine before customization?, What is the Server Spec you have , if you Virtualize your server what is the Host Server Spec?.

Thank you!

Suggested Answer
Baber Owais responded on 9 Feb 2015 9:54 PM

Also, please confirm if there is any batch job running which might be consuming lot of resources. If the AOS is set as a batch server, try to remove that and then check.

Suggested Answer
VDY responded on 9 Feb 2015 11:15 PM

after restarting AOS service, how much time it takes to reach 21 GB?

Is it shooting quickly to that high r takes some time?

how many users are logged into the AX when it reaches that high?

Can you kill all the user sessions except AOS admin and monitor if memory goes that high? if it goes that high with only AOS admin user, check what batch process it is executing and see SQL profiler as well. This will  zeroed down your issue.

- VDY

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 9 Feb 2015 11:58 PM

Hi Syed,

Please check RAM vs CPU Core Count, if CPU core is less in VM please increase them. Also Increase the RAM and check paging file, Move to some other drive. In SQL Mdf and LDF should be different drives.  

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.
Tracy Liggett responded on 20 Feb 2015 7:44 AM

I seem to be experiencing the same issue. What hot fix did you install? Have you come up with a solution?

Rik Spoor responded on 20 Feb 2015 8:44 AM

Have you tried setting -MaxMemLoad = <value>  (value is a percentage of system memmory)  

You can set this in the AOS server configuration utility under "configuration command to run at kernell statup"

Tracy Liggett responded on 20 Feb 2015 9:17 AM

Thanks for responding. I'll give the startup command a try. We are just testing the upgrade from R2 CU7 to R3 CU8. It seems to be fine while it is just me logged in. But when others do, we start to see it climb rapidly. Could this be related at all to their personalizations?

Suggested Answer
Steffen responded on 20 Feb 2015 9:20 AM

Hi

Perhaps you can have a look at this article:

blogs.msdn.com/.../memory-usage-in-xppil-code.aspx

and test if

"•As standard the AOS uses the server .NET garbage collector. The .NET framework also has a client garbage collector. You change between then by adjusting the ax32serv.exe.config file, editing gcserver=true to false. The server garbage collector is lazy, as server applications are expected to be able to use lots of memory and not give it back, no need to balance all the other applications running on a machine. The client garbage collector is aggressive, it’ll try and give back memory sooner and keep the overall footprint lower. The client GC can be a useful option when machines don’t have much memory in them."

could help releasing memory.

Visit my blog @ http://denizone.blogspot.com

Tracy Liggett responded on 25 Feb 2015 11:56 AM

We just had another round of testing with several users. I removed all usage data from the users that were testing and did not have any issues with the AOS this time. Our users like to heavily personalize their forms.

Suggested Answer
Amith Prasanna responded on 9 Feb 2015 8:59 PM

Is your Installation Single Server Installation (AOS+DB) ?.

If so try to Limit Memory for SQL Server  and then check.

Is this Fresh installation or have you did any Customization recently ?.

If yes , Was it worked fine before customization?, What is the Server Spec you have , if you Virtualize your server what is the Host Server Spec?.

Thank you!

Suggested Answer
Baber Owais responded on 9 Feb 2015 9:54 PM

Also, please confirm if there is any batch job running which might be consuming lot of resources. If the AOS is set as a batch server, try to remove that and then check.

Suggested Answer
VDY responded on 9 Feb 2015 11:15 PM

after restarting AOS service, how much time it takes to reach 21 GB?

Is it shooting quickly to that high r takes some time?

how many users are logged into the AX when it reaches that high?

Can you kill all the user sessions except AOS admin and monitor if memory goes that high? if it goes that high with only AOS admin user, check what batch process it is executing and see SQL profiler as well. This will  zeroed down your issue.

- VDY

Suggested Answer
UMESH PANDIT responded on 9 Feb 2015 11:58 PM

Hi Syed,

Please check RAM vs CPU Core Count, if CPU core is less in VM please increase them. Also Increase the RAM and check paging file, Move to some other drive. In SQL Mdf and LDF should be different drives.  

--

Thank you
Note - This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of Microsoft.
Suggested Answer
Steffen responded on 20 Feb 2015 9:20 AM

Hi

Perhaps you can have a look at this article:

blogs.msdn.com/.../memory-usage-in-xppil-code.aspx

and test if

"•As standard the AOS uses the server .NET garbage collector. The .NET framework also has a client garbage collector. You change between then by adjusting the ax32serv.exe.config file, editing gcserver=true to false. The server garbage collector is lazy, as server applications are expected to be able to use lots of memory and not give it back, no need to balance all the other applications running on a machine. The client garbage collector is aggressive, it’ll try and give back memory sooner and keep the overall footprint lower. The client GC can be a useful option when machines don’t have much memory in them."

could help releasing memory.

Visit my blog @ http://denizone.blogspot.com