Question Status

Verified
mnrami asked a question on 11 Feb 2015 9:59 AM

I am trying to load Project beginning balances for our open projects that we will be bringing in from legacy system. I created the custom entity for ProjBegBal_CostSales table as that is where the line items will be stored. But what about the header table. Looks like its using ProjJournalTable to store the header info. Should I be creating one header record manually and then put all the Begging balances as a line items in the ProjBegBal_CostSales table via custom entity? So I will have 1 header record and 2000 line item??  

Verified Answer
mnrami responded on 11 Feb 2015 3:02 PM

I guess I figured it out. I first created the custom entity on table projbegbaljournaltrans_costsales. Then I have to write a method GenerateJournalLink (most of the part copied from DMFProjJournalTrans entity). In this version though, you have to add JournalnameId field in staging table as its not there. Then map Journalname, JournalID fields through this method (GenerateJournalLink) to JournalId of the target table. This method will create the ProjJournalTable record for you. Took me a while but atleast got it going.

Verified Answer
mnrami responded on 11 Feb 2015 3:02 PM

I guess I figured it out. I first created the custom entity on table projbegbaljournaltrans_costsales. Then I have to write a method GenerateJournalLink (most of the part copied from DMFProjJournalTrans entity). In this version though, you have to add JournalnameId field in staging table as its not there. Then map Journalname, JournalID fields through this method (GenerateJournalLink) to JournalId of the target table. This method will create the ProjJournalTable record for you. Took me a while but atleast got it going.