Question Status

Suggested Answer
Boubacar Sambo asked a question on 18 Feb 2015 10:18 AM

Hello All,

In AX 2012, under PMA/ Common/ Activities/ Work breakdown structure template, we are trying to remove an activity from the template however it's preventing us from doing so.

Is there a way to achieve this?

thanks,

Josip Gračak responded on 18 Feb 2015 1:59 PM

Hi,

Is it giving you a specific error or is the option to delete disabled?

Kind regards,

Josip

Boubacar Sambo responded on 18 Feb 2015 2:38 PM

Hi Josip,

Strangely enough, the Delete button is available but if you select an activity in the template WBS and click the delete button then you get the error that: "You cannot delete other people's activities".

thanks,

Suggested Answer
Josip Gračak responded on 19 Feb 2015 2:43 AM

Hi Boubacar,

Does the user that is trying to delete the activity have the required rights? I've tried with a sys admin user and I can delete other people's activities just fine.

Kind regards,

Josip

Boubacar Sambo responded on 25 Feb 2015 3:52 PM

Hi Josip,

I also used sys admin privileges however, it still tells me that "Cannot delete other people's activities".

Are you trying this under: PMA/ Common/ Activities/ Work breakdown structure template/ and then open a template and try deleting an activity. Note that this is in AX 2012 R1.

thanks,

Suggested Answer
David Probst responded on 17 Mar 2015 4:57 PM

Change the responsible on the activity to the employee that is linked to your AD user and then it should work.

Suggested Answer
Josip Gračak responded on 19 Feb 2015 2:43 AM

Hi Boubacar,

Does the user that is trying to delete the activity have the required rights? I've tried with a sys admin user and I can delete other people's activities just fine.

Kind regards,

Josip

Suggested Answer
David Probst responded on 17 Mar 2015 4:57 PM

Change the responsible on the activity to the employee that is linked to your AD user and then it should work.