Question Status

Unanswered
MattFortech asked a question on 18 Feb 2015 11:11 AM

Hello,

I have a team of 5 developers and we are new to Dynamics AX. We are taking on a project that involves 7 modules (Vendor Management, Inventory Management, Purchasing, Requisitioning, Contract Management, Contract Payment, and Tendering).  1. How long should something like this take for us newbies?  2. What does a standard project of this magnitude look like for a large company? (how many developers, how much time, etc.)

Thank you for your input!

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 18 Feb 2015 12:26 PM

Hi,

Did you already performed a fit/gap analysis? Are the processes described and clear? What other people are involved? For sure you need consultants next to developers. The modules can be used in many various ways.

It is really impossible to answer this question.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Martin Dráb responded on 18 Feb 2015 1:48 PM

You even didn't mention what those five developers are supposed to develop, you only give us a list of modules. There may be no work for developers or work for several years...

Anyway, if I can give you an advice, get somebody experienced involved, at least to tell you what's possible in AX, what's already there and how to approach your requirements. A lot of teams get into serious troubles even if they have some (but not enough) experience. If you're new to AX, the risk is even greater.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog