Question Status

Suggested Answer
T.Tharaneetharan asked a question on 12 Mar 2015 9:48 PM

Hi Friends,

I want to reset the three field values in the form. How can I do it? Please help me to do it.

Suggested Answer
Rachit Garg responded on 12 Mar 2015 10:32 PM

Hi,

You need to assign the default values to the field when you want to reset the values. It depends on the data type of the field. If your field is Integer then assign value as 0, in case of string field use a blank string ''.

You need to identify when you want to reset the values and write the code accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Jonathan Halland responded on 13 Mar 2015 1:15 AM

Hi

Can you explain a bit more what you are trying to do? Are you trying to restore the field values to what they were at the last save (ctrl+F5 from the frontend) or are you trying to clear them as per Rachit's suggestion?

General AX Enthusiast and Blogger

http://www.exploreax.com

T.Tharaneetharan responded on 13 Mar 2015 11:17 AM

Thanks Jonathan. I like to clear them as per Rachit's suggestion.

T.Tharaneetharan responded on 13 Mar 2015 11:18 AM

Thanks Rachit.

T.Tharaneetharan responded on 13 Mar 2015 11:52 AM

I have five fields in my form. I want to reset only three fields. I have to do it through a job. Please advice me.

Martin Dráb responded on 13 Mar 2015 12:09 PM

Please get used to providing more information, otherwise nobody can help you. It's in your own best interest.

Now tell us whether your controls are bound to data source fields and what problem you have with changing their values.

Martin "Goshoom" Dráb | Freelancer | Goshoom.NET Dev Blog

Suggested Answer
Rachit Garg responded on 12 Mar 2015 10:32 PM

Hi,

You need to assign the default values to the field when you want to reset the values. It depends on the data type of the field. If your field is Integer then assign value as 0, in case of string field use a blank string ''.

You need to identify when you want to reset the values and write the code accordingly.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Rachit Garg