Hi we are using Dynamics AX 2012 R3 and management reporter version 2.1.10001.112.
Data mart database is getting huge ~80GB at the moment even with test data (not much , Full database size is 618MB). Tables statistics shows big amount of data in 'FactAttributeValue' and 'ConvertedAmount'
I reckon, this issue is already fixed for CU10 of MR. (already googled but no luck)
What practices I'm missing? How to control the size of this database. why it is getting exponential even with small test data. Any experience you can share on how to minimize DB size, parameter setting or practices which you are following will be highly appreciated.
I had a problem on a customer as well. The database grew to 90GB where the normal database was 6GB. This was really exceptional. In your scenario, this looks similar.
Our problem was fixed in CU11. It is recommended to install the latest version. Also start with a clean installation, so delete the current MR and datamart databases.
You also have to check the MR logs. Are there any synchronization jobs generating errors? If this is the case, please update it here. I can provide some SQL scripts to find possible causes.
André Arnaud de Calavon | Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect | My blog | My company
This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.
Thanks for your response. At the moment, I deleted my DM database and reconfigured (which is 2GB now),.
As you suggested, I tried installing CU11 (In the sequence, hotfix 2 first and then executed hotfix 3). Installation seems all good. However, I think I am having version mismatch between client and server.
When I tried connecting to Report Designer and Report Viewer on server, I can connect fine. However, unable to open it from Dynamics AX (GL module). Please note that I have already published connection from MR console (using windows authentication).
I also gave a try to directly connect from the short cuts on other remote server and performed test connection. It is failing with the following message
Opened fine from server
Report designer version: 2.1.11002.11
Report viewer version: 2.1.11002.5
Please let me know your thoughts, seems a known issue
The latest version we run at a customer is CU11 with HF2. Try to re-install the Report viewer with the CU11 hotfix 3 setup media. Then see if this fixes the version number.
I am still looking two different versions on designer and viewer. However, this is of no worry for me at the moment as from the following link it seems to be a known issue (blogs.msdn.com/.../management-reporter-2012-cu11-hotfix-2-now-available.aspx)
I was not executing client update of HF3 on other machines so that's why encounter version mismatch. I re-configured MR and installed client component on other machines and now I am able to publish and connect fine.
I can't say at the moment how it'll be with performance. However, we'll get with some other fixes at least to carry on.
Thanks for your assistance Andre.