Question Status

Verified
fgil12 asked a question on 18 Mar 2015 12:04 PM

Hi

I need to know how is it possible to post a single packing slip for two different sales orders. My summary update parameters are set to "None", yet one of the users managed to post it.

Suggested Answer
Guy Terry responded on 18 Mar 2015 3:17 PM

Hi fgil12

I assume the two sales orders are for the same customer?

It is possible to manually merge orders on to one packing slip at any time, using the Summary update parameter on the packing slip posting form, in conjunction with the 'Arrange' button.

fgil12 responded on 18 Mar 2015 4:53 PM

Hi Guy

In this case, the two sales orders are for different customers. I tried using the parameter on the packing slip posting form, but still got separate packing slips.

Verified Answer
Guy Terry responded on 18 Mar 2015 5:43 PM

It's only possible to summarise two orders onto one packing slip if the invoice account of both orders is the same.

If that isn't the case, then I've no explanation. I think it should be impossible!

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 19 Mar 2015 2:45 AM

It has no use to create one single packing slip for two different customers. Maybe you want to combine transportation, but the packing slip is not used for this. The packing slip is an external document for the customer which will tell the customer what was delivered. I don't think he wants to see the items from another customer. Like Guy stated the customer needs to be equal to be able to combine.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

fgil12 responded on 19 Mar 2015 4:58 PM

So...am I supposed to take this happening as a system error?

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 19 Mar 2015 5:12 PM

No. It is by design. Or I misunderstood your point that you want to join the picking list for different customers.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

fgil12 responded on 19 Mar 2015 5:28 PM

It's not that I need to perform this task, I'm just trying to reproduce it, since one of the users in the company did it and it is occasionating inventory issues.

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 19 Mar 2015 5:53 PM

Now I understand your question. This should not happen. Can you verify if the invoice account is the same for both orders?

Did it happen only once or are there more accidents like this?

kind regards,

fgil12 responded on 19 Mar 2015 6:09 PM

I did check invoice accounts, they are different too. As of today this is the only time it has happened.

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 20 Mar 2015 2:07 AM

If you don't have customizations, you can consider it indeed as an error. It will be too hard to guess what happened if I don't have access to the system. Further I wonder if it can be found anyway.

Please pay attention to this If it happens again there is for sure some method to reproduce and then it needs to be investigated.

kind regards,

fgil12 responded on 20 Mar 2015 10:43 AM

All right then, I'll be on the lookout for another case like this. Thanks guys!

Verified Answer
Guy Terry responded on 18 Mar 2015 5:43 PM

It's only possible to summarise two orders onto one packing slip if the invoice account of both orders is the same.

If that isn't the case, then I've no explanation. I think it should be impossible!

Verified Answer
André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 20 Mar 2015 2:07 AM

If you don't have customizations, you can consider it indeed as an error. It will be too hard to guess what happened if I don't have access to the system. Further I wonder if it can be found anyway.

Please pay attention to this If it happens again there is for sure some method to reproduce and then it needs to be investigated.

kind regards,

Suggested Answer
Guy Terry responded on 18 Mar 2015 3:17 PM

Hi fgil12

I assume the two sales orders are for the same customer?

It is possible to manually merge orders on to one packing slip at any time, using the Summary update parameter on the packing slip posting form, in conjunction with the 'Arrange' button.