Question Status

Verified
Tim Schofield asked a question on 23 Mar 2015 11:47 PM

Hi.  Can Transport Mangement add transport costs to Transfer orders?

thanks.  

André Arnaud de Calavon responded on 24 Mar 2015 12:33 AM

Hi Tim,

No this is not possible.

kind regards,

André Arnaud de Calavon  |  Microsoft Dynamics AX Solution architect  |  My blog  |  My company

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my company, Microsoft, both its employees, or other MVPs.

Steven Weaver responded on 24 Mar 2015 1:11 PM

I think you can :-)

Tim there is a Yammer group for the "Dynamics AX R&D Feedback Community" here: www.yammer.com/dynamicsaxfeedbackprograms

In this group a poster asked stated "Can we add miscellaneous charges to transfer orders using TMS module? I see that we can use load planning workbench for transfer orders, then use rate shop function, choose a freight for the load and confirm the load. When a load is confirmed, if delivery terms has "Add transportation charges to order = True", then freight cost is added to order as a miscellaneous charge, but I don't see in transfer order window any field for misc. charges associated to TO lines."

He later "found Freight charges field on Transfer order window. Now, I followed all the steps described above, but when I confirmed the load, freight cost isn't copied into transfer order. I think this is because how miscellaneous charges have been setup. Charges module in this case is "Inventory". Is this the wright option it needs to be setup for transfer orders?"

This was identified as a bug and then logged through Connect.

However I will say I have never tried this!

Steve Weaver | Dynamics AX Solution Architect - UK | My Blog

This forum post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer, Microsoft, its employees, or other MVPs.

Tim Schofield responded on 24 Mar 2015 2:50 PM

Thanks Steve - I'll some more investigation and report back.

zorro1900 responded on 30 Mar 2015 4:38 PM

Hello Tim,

Were you able to find a solution to this requirement? 

Tim Schofield responded on 30 Mar 2015 6:39 PM

Sorry, not yet. I got side-tracked because I hit an error assigning charges to purchase orders - but I see that there is a 'Transportation management' tab on the Transfer order header and lines and it has a 'Freight charges' field on it - so some-one  has been doing some work in this area.

Verified Answer
Tim Schofield responded on 14 Apr 2015 5:41 PM

I raised this as an issue with Microsoft Technical Support. Their answer was that this functionality isn't supported in the current release.

I can see that the Freight charges field on the Transfer order header (and lines) is displaying charges from a table called TMSTransferCharges, and my guess is that it's related to freight bill reconciliation, (not inventory costing).

Verified Answer
Tim Schofield responded on 14 Apr 2015 5:41 PM

I raised this as an issue with Microsoft Technical Support. Their answer was that this functionality isn't supported in the current release.

I can see that the Freight charges field on the Transfer order header (and lines) is displaying charges from a table called TMSTransferCharges, and my guess is that it's related to freight bill reconciliation, (not inventory costing).