Question Status

Suggested Answer
vanessa169 asked a question on 25 Mar 2015 10:51 AM

Dear, i dont know how to create a a method . I need to make a validation in DirPartyQuickCreateForm, this validation  is not to allow entry blanks in Customer Account depending on the document type when the user create a new customer. I dont know how to get the value of this field(document type) because it is a reference group.

Suggested Answer
Chris Ironmonger responded on 26 Mar 2015 4:06 PM

ok so your looking to set the mandatory property of the customer account based upon the current value of the document type which as you state is a referenceGroup on the form.

I would recommend adding this validation code by overwriting the modifiedField method on the relevant data source of the for documentType control. You can then handle the varying values via a switch statement and set the mandatory property of the customer account field.

Christopher Paul Ironmonger, MSc (Dist.), BSc (Hons.)
Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion(s) or view(s) of my current employer(s), nor Microsoft and it's employees.

Suggested Answer
Chris Ironmonger responded on 26 Mar 2015 4:06 PM

ok so your looking to set the mandatory property of the customer account based upon the current value of the document type which as you state is a referenceGroup on the form.

I would recommend adding this validation code by overwriting the modifiedField method on the relevant data source of the for documentType control. You can then handle the varying values via a switch statement and set the mandatory property of the customer account field.

Christopher Paul Ironmonger, MSc (Dist.), BSc (Hons.)
Microsoft Dynamics AX Developer

This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion(s) or view(s) of my current employer(s), nor Microsoft and it's employees.