Filtering Enum value in Microsoft Dynamics AX Reports

This question is not answered

Hi all,

I am developing a report to display activities for employees. Each activity is assigned to an employee and each activity has notes that are recorded in the DocuRef table.

These notes can either be External or Internal which is defined in the Restrictions field of the DocuRef table. (By the way this field is an ENum. Internal = 0 External = 1).

Some to these notes are automatically inserted by the application and are recorded as external notes. In the report i wish to retrieve the notes which are entered by the user (Internal).

So in the Report Design i set a range within the DocuRef datasource of Restriction set to the Value of 0. But it still grabs the external notes. Is this the correct way to filter the results. Do i use 0 or do i use Internal or soemthing else.

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks in advance.
-M3mph15

All Replies
  • Wierd, that should work(?). You can debug / solve the issue by using the fetch() and send() methods in the report to control what is sent to the report design, or by creating a executesection() method for the DocuRef section in the report design (returning false when the record is external).

• Hey,

Thanks for the response. Yeh i couldnt figure out why it wasn't working so i used the executesection method to test for the restriction value and hide/show accordingly. Seems to work fine now.