Question Status

Unanswered
Gavin Kang asked a question on 31 Mar 2010 11:32 PM

How do I change the Printout sorting order for printing multiple Invoices from

Sales Ledger > Periodic > Sales Update > Invoice

Currently the printouts are sorted by Sales Order number. I want to
 sort it by Other field. Changing the Sort Order on the Sorting tab on the Selection screen doesn't make a
difference.

gl00mie responded on 3 Apr 2010 1:59 PM
Mark "Late selection" option for the Selection query to make effect.
Gavin Kang responded on 4 Apr 2010 5:18 PM

I have tried that but still doesn't have any effect.

Dennis Slotboom responded on 6 Apr 2010 11:18 AM

Hi Gavin,

the late selection button is only usefull when printing invoices in batches. It will built up the query at the time the invoice batch is running. First of all you need to set up the Form sorting from the AR - Setup - Forms - Form sorting. Select the Invoice tab and fill in the fields you want to have the output sorted. Secondly when you perform the Sales Update - Invoice, there is a field under the Field group Print Options, called Print. Default value for this field is Current. If you use this AX will Post/Print, Post/Print, Post/Print,etc resulting in non sorted output because AX will post based on sales order and/or value for Summary Update. If you set the value of Print field to After AX will first Post all invoices and then Print all invoices and will use the Form sorting as setup.

Happy sorting!

Kind regards,

Dennis Slotboom

Gavin Kang responded on 8 Apr 2010 6:39 PM

Hi Dennis,

I did try out your method by sorting on the RMA number and puting some values of the sales order table RMA  references number  and set Print field to After but still doesn't work. Anything I miss out.

Jason Valentine responded on 17 Nov 2012 6:04 AM

I have done this exact process and the invoices do print out in the correct sort order. But, every single invoice is printing and not just the invoices that are posted during the batch run.