Question Status

Unanswered
Scott Rusoff asked a question on 10 May 2011 12:24 PM

how do I print my notes from document handling on a purchase order.

Thanks,

Scott

Gray Rogers responded on 11 May 2011 8:35 AM

Scott, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do. If what you're dealing with is simply a note, why not enter the text within the Attention Information Block, under the Address tab in the Purchase Order Screen? Whatever is entered in that box shows up on the final printed purchase order by default. If you don't want it to say, "Attention Information," you can always change it. Document Handling is used primarily to reference a document (or any other) file that has something to do with the transaction or entity. For instance, an item maybe linked to a blueprint or schematic. A purchase order to a vendor might result in a sales order receipt document from that vendor, so that's something else you might use document handling. AX doesn't  functions the way you're describing.

kr@nthi responded on 11 May 2011 10:35 AM

look into the form setup in AP -> Setup -> Forms -> Form setup.

In the Purchase Order tab - in the Note Group - Set the Include Documents on Sheets to "Header".

Select the document type - which you to print in the Purchase Order.

So when you attach a document to the purchase order header - select this document type and set the Restriction to External...

Scott Rusoff responded on 11 May 2011 1:26 PM

I attached a note to a purchase order, where on the form is it supposed to print.

kr@nthi responded on 11 May 2011 10:30 PM

If you have done with the above setups,then it will be printed on the Purchase Order(when you take a print of it)

Scott Rusoff responded on 12 May 2011 6:50 AM

I did all mention above, select restriction to external, but do I select attached checkbox, because it is grey out.