invoice settlement asking to open period

This question is not answered

When i am doing customer invoice settlement it is asking to open previous period to complete the settelement.

any one have idea why ? since settlement should not affect ledgers and this is happening only for some invoices not all

All Replies
  • Can you tell us the detail repro steps and how are you settling the invoice? Also, are you using AX 2009 or AX 2012

• Actually it is a foreign currency customer account in USD, I m going to open transaction then I m settling invoice with RV and it is giving me marked total in USD = 0.00 and in company currency = 1.388 and I guess it is because of exchange rate.

I am using settlement date as latest date which is 1st August 2011 and this period we have it opened in our ledger but invoice date is 17th March which the system is asking for this period to be open.

Please note that this settlement is a 3 invoices against one RV.

For similar transaction I have settled with same date but one invoice only against one RV, difference is 2.388 the system accepted it without asking to open any previous period.

• i need to add one more thing which making it weird thing is that when i m puting the settlement date manually its accepting which means the system is not picking up the latest date .