Question Status

Verified
Dieter Kairat asked a question on 14 Sep 2011 3:16 AM

Hello,

after installing the AOS für Dynamics AX2012 on a new server, I try to install der reporting services extensions. The setupprocess stops with following errormessage:

The AOS 'Name@2712' cannot be reached. Setup cannot continue.Verify that you entered the correct server information an that the AOS is running.

I have no Problem, to access  via AX2012 client the AOS, but setup has problems and I cannot finish the setup.

I get this error by installing:

reporting services extensions, analysis services extensions and trace parser

Has anybody an idea, what I am doing wrong?

Thomas Wilke responded on 15 Sep 2011 2:33 AM

Same problem here :(

Huzaifa Gain responded on 16 Sep 2011 1:18 AM

Can you verify if AOS was up ?

Thomas Wilke responded on 16 Sep 2011 3:46 AM

Yes AOS is up and reachable under the port which is mentioned in the error message.

I can connect to the AOS with an AX2012 client.

Maybe it's a problem with the right of the bcproxy user?

Jørgen Dam Knudsen responded on 4 Oct 2011 7:49 AM

Hi, I have the same problem today.

Did you ever resolve this?

Verified Answer
Thomas Wilke responded on 4 Oct 2011 7:54 AM

The only thing that worked for me was a new AOS installation with the required features enabled during this installation.

Dieter Kairat responded on 4 Oct 2011 8:05 AM

My workaround was following. Uninstall all AX-Components and run the CCcleaner. Delete any entry with Dynamics AX2012 in the regestry.

After that procedure, I could install everything.

Verified Answer
Jørgen Dam Knudsen responded on 4 Oct 2011 11:09 AM

Ok, tried uninstalling, reg cleanup, rebooting, reinstalling, but with the same result.

BUT, with some further invsetigating with SQL Profiler, it turned out to be a defect SP (CreateUserSession), as the initial installation never created the two SPs CreateUsersession and CreateServerSession, and I got hold of a scripted version of these, and installed them manually.

It turned out to be scripted versions from Ax2009, and after copying them from a AX2012 database everything worked just fine

Thats 10 hours down the drain, but perhaps a bit more clever !?

Thanks for your fast respons.

Suggested Answer
Tung M. Vo responded on 10 Dec 2011 8:43 AM

I meet that problem also, and find out my user account that install Reporting Services Extensions and Analysis Services Configuration does not exists in Ax 2012 users list. So I just need to create the user account into Ax 2012 and the connection is ok.

Verified Answer
Jesmond Giordmaina responded on 23 Mar 2012 3:35 PM

Possible answer if you were installing EP and got the error reported above: -

Ensure that the BCP account is correctly setup in the AX "System Service accounts" form. That is where the installer picks the BCP account from, and if for some reason it is not setup under the correct domain, you will get the error reported above.

To access this form: AX 2012>>System Administration Module>Setup Tab>System>System Service Accounts

Evaldas Landauskas responded on 29 Apr 2012 11:56 AM

Verifying "System Service accounts" worked perfectly for me ;) Thanks!!!

Dieter Kairat responded on 21 Jun 2012 8:24 AM

I had the same situation today and after the verification everything worked like a charm.

Pavan Kumar I.V responded on 10 Jul 2013 11:59 PM

Hi Kairat

Even i have faced the same issue in installation, But i have rectified the issue.

Reason:

1. This will happen due to installing of  multiple AOS in server, and by default TCP/IP is 2712 and WSDL Port  is 8101.

2.After installing second AOS ,it increments to  TCP/IP is 2713 and WSDL Port  is 8102 as follows.

3. But in our case we are not using 1 AOS and we are using 2nd AOS , at the time of installing Reporting services we are facing the problem in Port No conflits.

Solution:

1. We have change the default port no and WSDL Port at client configuration -->Refresh-->Save ConfigFile.

2. Then Run the SetUp File.

Issue will resolve.

Pavan Kumar I.V responded on 11 Jul 2013 12:04 AM

In this case we need to change the client configuration file as Port No to 2712 and save . Then run the setup you will move to next step.

Dieter Kairat responded on 11 Jul 2013 8:32 AM

Did you set up the connection for the businmess Connector properly? If the BC is connected to 2712 you will receive this problem.

tariggin responded on 30 Aug 2013 8:35 PM

Make sure you are logged into the computer that you are installing the AX component on with an account that has access to AX. If not you will get that error.  

Verified Answer
Thomas Wilke responded on 4 Oct 2011 7:54 AM

The only thing that worked for me was a new AOS installation with the required features enabled during this installation.

Verified Answer
Jørgen Dam Knudsen responded on 4 Oct 2011 11:09 AM

Ok, tried uninstalling, reg cleanup, rebooting, reinstalling, but with the same result.

BUT, with some further invsetigating with SQL Profiler, it turned out to be a defect SP (CreateUserSession), as the initial installation never created the two SPs CreateUsersession and CreateServerSession, and I got hold of a scripted version of these, and installed them manually.

It turned out to be scripted versions from Ax2009, and after copying them from a AX2012 database everything worked just fine

Thats 10 hours down the drain, but perhaps a bit more clever !?

Thanks for your fast respons.

Verified Answer
Jesmond Giordmaina responded on 23 Mar 2012 3:35 PM

Possible answer if you were installing EP and got the error reported above: -

Ensure that the BCP account is correctly setup in the AX "System Service accounts" form. That is where the installer picks the BCP account from, and if for some reason it is not setup under the correct domain, you will get the error reported above.

To access this form: AX 2012>>System Administration Module>Setup Tab>System>System Service Accounts

Suggested Answer
Tung M. Vo responded on 10 Dec 2011 8:43 AM

I meet that problem also, and find out my user account that install Reporting Services Extensions and Analysis Services Configuration does not exists in Ax 2012 users list. So I just need to create the user account into Ax 2012 and the connection is ok.

Suggested Answer
dasla responded on 29 Oct 2013 7:20 AM

I had same error message: The AOS server@2712 cannot be reached

AOS service was running ok

Proxy account was configured ok in System Service Accounts

Solution for me was: I had to run the (AX 2012 R2) setup.exe as different user, ie. domain administrator account. I was previously using the account for which I had used for all other setups for Dynamics which had permissions to create databases etc, and access in AX, but once switched to use Domain Admin account, setup worked.

Hope that helps

Darren

Suggested Answer
Fredrick Ogolla responded on 30 Jun 2014 9:11 PM

Solution 1:

Navigate to The Client Configuration from Administrative Tools, and change the Client Target to Local Client , and change the configuration to point to the correct AOS.

Navigate to Client Configuration Again, and change the Client Target to Business Connector, and point to the New AOS.

Solution 2:

If you dont have the Client configuration, Dont select business connector, and the installation should proceed. After the installation, go back to solution 1 above.