Question Status

Verified
Neeharika Tadi asked a question on 13 Mar 2012 3:23 AM

Hi,

We have a requirement of showing description of inventcolor or inventbatch in the onHands form when ever we check the inventcolor or inventbatch checkbox in the dimensions display form.

This description is taken from inventcolor /inventbatch masters.

Display method can be used but where to add this as we need this functionality not only on OnHands form but all the forms on which dimensions display is present.

Please let me know how to proceed on this.

Thanks in advance.

Neeharika

Verified Answer
Rachit Garg responded on 21 Mar 2012 6:21 AM

Hi Neeharika,

You can add the display method in the field group of your identified table.

This will reflect the display method field on all the forms where the field group is used.

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Suggested Answer
Kevin Kidder responded on 30 Mar 2012 3:58 PM

The methods are going to differ based on what version you are on. However, the best approach is going to be to look at an existing form that allows for the customized dimension setup and see how it is implemented. For example, on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, if you look at the InventItemPrice form, you can start looking through the chain of methods starting with the updateDesign and enableInventDimSimFields methods. For Microsoft Dynamics AX 4 or 2009, you could look at the InventTrans form and see how we use the updateDesign method there.

Neeharika Tadi responded on 21 Mar 2012 5:50 AM

We are still working on this,has anybody tried this before or have any idea to implement this.

Thanks in advance,

Neeharika

Verified Answer
Rachit Garg responded on 21 Mar 2012 6:21 AM

Hi Neeharika,

You can add the display method in the field group of your identified table.

This will reflect the display method field on all the forms where the field group is used.

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Thanks,

Rachit Garg

Neeharika Tadi responded on 21 Mar 2012 8:56 PM

Hi Rachit,

I have added the display method in inventdim and added the method to inventory dimensions group of inventdim but my requirement is it should show this display method only when inventcolor checkbox is checked in dimensions display dialog form,otherwise it should not show.

So i wanted to know where and what logic i can add to show this display method based on the check/uncheck of the dimension checkbox in dimensions display form which is in many forms like onhand,purchlines etc...

Please let me know if you have any idea on this.

Thanks in advance,

Neeharika

Neeharika Tadi responded on 26 Mar 2012 3:46 AM

HI,

Anybody has any idea about this logic.

Please let us know.

Thanks in advance,

Neeharika

Neeharika Tadi responded on 30 Mar 2012 3:59 AM

Hi,

We are still working on this.

Anybody has any idea how to show a dimension name in the overview grid when dimension is selected in dimensions display dialog form.

Thanks in advance,

Neeharika

Suggested Answer
Kevin Kidder responded on 30 Mar 2012 3:58 PM

The methods are going to differ based on what version you are on. However, the best approach is going to be to look at an existing form that allows for the customized dimension setup and see how it is implemented. For example, on Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012, if you look at the InventItemPrice form, you can start looking through the chain of methods starting with the updateDesign and enableInventDimSimFields methods. For Microsoft Dynamics AX 4 or 2009, you could look at the InventTrans form and see how we use the updateDesign method there.