Question Status

Verified
John Bevan asked a question on 30 Apr 2012 4:40 AM

Hi Guys,

I'm currently trying to find out what a certain hotfix is for, and whether it's installed in any of the later rollups or service packs.  The hotfix in question is KB2287998.  We have an install file for this along with instructions from a previous partner informing us that this should be included as part of our build.  However we have no infomration on what it's for, and are unsure whether it's still required as we've since migrated from RU5 to RU8. 

We're running Dynamics AX 2009 SP1.

Checking for information about this hotfix online (including customer source, technet and msdn) I can't find any further information.  Does anyone out there know anything about this hotfix?

Thanks in advance,

JB

Verified Answer
gl00mie responded on 1 May 2012 12:45 AM

As far as I know there are no kernel "branches" and all the hotfixes are cumulative, that is the later a hotfixed kernel build is released, the more previous hotfixes it includes. RU8 includes kernel version 5.0.1500.6491 - you don't need KB2287998 if it's build number is less then this.

John Bevan responded on 1 May 2012 2:02 AM

Great, thanks Gl00mie.  I'd been unsure as it's not listed as included in any rollups (i.e. on the hotfix list in customer source), but what you say makes sense.

If anyone has any info on what this hotfix is, that would still be appreciated, though now only out of curiosity rather than necessity.

Thanks again,

JB

Verified Answer
gl00mie responded on 1 May 2012 12:45 AM

As far as I know there are no kernel "branches" and all the hotfixes are cumulative, that is the later a hotfixed kernel build is released, the more previous hotfixes it includes. RU8 includes kernel version 5.0.1500.6491 - you don't need KB2287998 if it's build number is less then this.