Question Status

Suggested Answer
NeOublie asked a question on 30 Apr 2012 8:32 AM

I am attempting to create a form where the user and make custom attributes using a form. The form control will look like a job window where they will type in parameters that will generate the custom attribute they want; Length x Width or Length x Width x Height. In the background there will be a method that will run all the code and store it elsewhere. Im trying to find out if this i possible.

Suggested Answer
gl00mie responded on 30 Apr 2012 12:30 PM

You can do this - see table browser for example, but I personally think you shouldn't. Instead create a simple lexical parser (it's a common college-level task and there are lots of examples) for your specific problem domain. It's a severe security threat to allow users to write and execute an arbitrary X++ code.

NeOublie responded on 30 Apr 2012 1:53 PM

This can be done with using the AX 2012 Attribute: Int, boolean, Text, Currency, etc.

Huzaifa Gain responded on 30 Apr 2012 3:06 PM

Yes , This is doable. Look at AX 2012 AR Custom fields for billing code. It is public sector related feature.

Suggested Answer
gl00mie responded on 30 Apr 2012 12:30 PM

You can do this - see table browser for example, but I personally think you shouldn't. Instead create a simple lexical parser (it's a common college-level task and there are lots of examples) for your specific problem domain. It's a severe security threat to allow users to write and execute an arbitrary X++ code.