Question Status

Verified
Tony DePalo asked a question on 21 May 2012 10:48 PM

How to compare ssrs reports in AX 2012

this is the senario..

There is a VAR layer change to a ssrs report, then there is a hotfix (FPK layer change) which has to  be merged.

The compare tool runs out of memory as well as next to useless.   It would be nice to see that the FPK layer change is as well as what the VAR layer was???

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Tony

Huzaifa Gain responded on 22 May 2012 11:18 AM

export the report fpk layer and similarly var layer report. Compare the files in beyond compare or any other file diff program.

Tony DePalo responded on 22 May 2012 1:17 PM

Thanks,

I was afraid of that - not as good as the old ax 2009 compare tool

Tony

Verified Answer
Rosie Jones responded on 21 May 2013 3:12 AM

Hi Tony,

I have just done something very similar.  You need to export the .xpo's for each layer (the VAR, FPK and SYS).

Then use a 3-way compare tool to compare the changes between the FPK and the SYS layer, and merge into the VAR.  Then once the VAR .xpo is saved, it can be imported back into AX.  I have written a blog on a compare tool I found really useful for this job, take a look: www.k3technical.com/using-code-compare-to-merge-ssrs-reports-in-dynamics-ax-2012

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Rosie

Tony DePalo responded on 21 May 2013 2:12 PM

Thanks Rosie

Tony

Verified Answer
Rosie Jones responded on 21 May 2013 3:12 AM

Hi Tony,

I have just done something very similar.  You need to export the .xpo's for each layer (the VAR, FPK and SYS).

Then use a 3-way compare tool to compare the changes between the FPK and the SYS layer, and merge into the VAR.  Then once the VAR .xpo is saved, it can be imported back into AX.  I have written a blog on a compare tool I found really useful for this job, take a look: www.k3technical.com/using-code-compare-to-merge-ssrs-reports-in-dynamics-ax-2012

Hope this helps,

Thanks

Rosie