Question Status

Verified
Long O.Chandara asked a question on 26 May 2012 6:53 PM

Is there anybody having experience in project invoice approval in "project Module" under AX 2012 (new release with Retail module)?..We could post under 1st pre-released AX 2012 version but cannot and don't know how to process in the new version..Highly appreciate in advance. longchandara@sks.vn.. 

Ahmed Ibrahim responded on 28 May 2012 1:04 AM

you must activate the workflow to approval the invoice and post invoice

Junaid Idrees responded on 28 May 2012 2:43 AM

Guys,

I've the same issue. POST Button is hidden.

DO i need to activate "Invoice Proposal Template" Workflow or what?? Please confirm

Thank you.

Verified Answer
Girish Bhatkal responded on 29 May 2012 2:48 AM

First you have to make sure you have setup the work flow for Project quoation approval.

Also make sure the batch setup is completed. if you are struggling with the batch setup then workaround is run the form "Tutorial_WorkflowProcessor" and start the process.

Long O.Chandara responded on 29 May 2012 3:00 AM

Thanks Girish for your indication, we will try this...

Long

Suresh Kotapalle responded on 29 May 2012 1:56 PM

Juniad,

yes workflow needs to be activiated and project invoices are always subjected to the workflow. You will see the post button once you approve the invoice using workflow.

hv responded on 18 Jul 2012 11:13 PM

Hi,

I activated Invoice proposal template workflow and the invoice proposal status is Approved already, but the POST button doesn't come out. What else do I have to setup/activate?

Thank

Sandeep Chaudhury responded on 19 Jul 2012 3:47 AM

Hi Junaid,

Follow the instructions below and it should help you.

1. Check the Invoice proposal approval workflow template to see if it has a "Post invoice proposal" step configured in it.

2. If it is setup, make sure that this is assigned to the user who wants to post the invoice.

3. If you just don't wanna configure the "Post" step in the workflow, delete the same. After your invoice proposal is approved, you will find it ready to be posted under the PMA > Periodic > Invoices > Post invoice proposals.

Also note that, if you have not assigned the "Post" step to an appropriate user in the workflow, you will still be able to find the proposal ready to be posted under PMA > Periodic > Invoices > Post invoice proposals.

Let me know if this information helps.

Thanks

Sandeep

Regards,

Sandeep Chaudhury| Microsoft Dynamics AX Consultant | My Blog 

hv responded on 19 Jul 2012 6:48 PM

Hi Sandeep,

It works. Thank a lot.

HV

Junaid Idrees responded on 23 Jul 2012 3:14 AM

Hi Sandeep,

Sorry for late in getting back to you dear.

I configured WF but use the element "Invoice proposal Approval" not "Post Invoice" as task. So Post Invoice will come after "Invoice proposal Approval ??? Please confirm so that I'll ask our technical person to modify the same.

Another question, after setting the above WF without "Post Invoice" element, i found system is not showing invoice account in PMA > Periodic > Invoices > Post invoice proposals..  I hope, it will appear after reconfigure the WF with Post Invoice. Please share ur feedback, if you experience the same ever.

Thank you dear for the steps.

Regards.

Moises responded on 23 Jul 2012 9:45 AM

Junaid Idrees

Hi Sandeep,

Sorry for late in getting back to you dear.

I configured WF but use the element "Invoice proposal Approval" not "Post Invoice" as task. So Post Invoice will come after "Invoice proposal Approval ??? Please confirm so that I'll ask our technical person to modify the same.

Another question, after setting the above WF without "Post Invoice" element, i found system is not showing invoice account in PMA > Periodic > Invoices > Post invoice proposals..  I hope, it will appear after reconfigure the WF with Post Invoice. Please share ur feedback, if you experience the same ever.

Thank you dear for the steps.

Regards.

Hi Junaid

I used the "Post Invoice proposal" into my WF but the Post button don´t be available in task bar, the Post button is at the end of the WF line, yes is the same.

Sorry my english, regards.

Andrea Garelli responded on 19 Nov 2012 10:58 AM

Hi,

I would like to know if it  is possible to post invoice proposal from service management module and how it works.

Thanks

Suresh Kotapalle responded on 19 Nov 2012 12:39 PM

Yes you can post the invoice proposals from the service management module. Once the invoice proposal is created from project module, go to the Service order list page and in the action pane click on Invoice > create invoice proposal button (it should have been review invoice proposals), You can submit, approve and post the invoices.

Verified Answer
Girish Bhatkal responded on 29 May 2012 2:48 AM

First you have to make sure you have setup the work flow for Project quoation approval.

Also make sure the batch setup is completed. if you are struggling with the batch setup then workaround is run the form "Tutorial_WorkflowProcessor" and start the process.