Our support engineers have assembled the top recommended solutions for you.
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012CRM Connector in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012Financials Management in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012Upgrading to Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012
Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
Application Object Server (AOS)
Enterprise Portal and Role Centers
Inventory Costing in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2009
SSRS and SSAS Integration
How to make a parameter of SSRS report to select one of the financial dimension? There was the field dimension in AX2009. Where can i find dimension in AX2012?
If you are using standard SSRS builder (Report Builder or Visual Studio) for direct SQL data you should define a query (select statement for all financial analytists).
For more information look here: msdn.microsoft.com/.../aa337396(v=sql.105).aspx
I am not familiar with AX reporting a lot, but it seems it should be done in similiar way.
You can find step-by-step procedure in "What's New in Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 for Developers":
Procedure: Add a Dynamic Parameter
To add a dynamics parameter, follow these steps:
1. Create a new Query.
2. Locate the table and drag it onto the Data Sources node.
3. Include the field for your parameter in your dataset view.
4. In the Model Editor, right-click the Datasets node, and then click
5. Type a name for the Datasets node.
6. Select the node for the dataset.
7. In the Properties window, specify the following values:
a. Set the Data Source property to Dynamics AX.
b. Set the Data Source Type property to Query.
c. Set the Default Layout property to Table.
d. Set the Name property.
e. Set the Query property.
8. In the Model Editor, select the AutoDesign1 node.
9. Expand the Parameters node to display the list of report parameters.
10. In the Properties window, click the button in the Values property.
11. Select the From Dataset button and set the following:
a. Set the Dataset property.
b. Set the Value Field property.
c. Set the Label Field property.
12. Optional: In the Model Editor, right-click the AutoDesign1 node,
and then click Preview to view the new style settings for the report.
13. Optional: Close the Preview window.
14. Save the report.
Hello, Artur! Thanks for your reply. I did not clarify that it is Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012.
You will be little suprprised, becuase Finance module of new version is totaly reworked. Now there is no field like Dimension, because all financial information was compined into one object (Main accont, ledger account, default account). All datasources are related with int64 recid, so I presume it is not you was expecting.
Of course there is field "DefaultDimension", but I am not sure about a business logic.
You can try use select for dimension recid values found on tables:
DEFAULTDIMENSION = 1111111
However I suggest to take a look into "Implementing the Account and Financial Dimensions Framework for Microsoft Dynamics AX 2012 Applications", to be sure how it works.
Ok, Artur, I'll try. Thank you very much for your advice!
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13