Question Status

Verified
Lyka Tasis asked a question on 14 Aug 2012 6:50 PM

Dear All,

My client wants 6 decimal places for Prices. I customized the EDT for AmountCur and set it to display 6 decimal places. I have configured in Currencies the rounding rule and have also set in trade agreement a purchase price of 6 decimal places. My units are also configured to 6 decimal places. Nonetheless, in PO form, it automatically populate the unit price rounded to 2 decimal places. I'm running out of places to configure, any ideas? I need it not to round off. I have come across this and i agree that ax should cater decimal places greater than 2.

Thank you,

Lyka Tasis

Suggested Answer
Corey Warawa responded on 24 Aug 2012 2:02 PM

Lyka,

We are using the "Price unit" field on the Price/Discount tab on the PO line.  As an example if we want a unit price of $1.463 we type $14.63 in the unit price field (only 14.6 is displayed in the form), then we put "10" in the price unit field.  This will result in AX moving the decimal point 1 position to the left.

We have not been able to determine a way to display more than 2 decimal places in the PO Details form.

Corey

Verified Answer
Lyka Tasis responded on 2 Sep 2012 7:19 PM

Dear Corey,

I was able to display 6 decimal places and fix the rounding via correct configuration of rounding rules in the Currencies form.

I changed the NoOfDecimals of the following EDT to 6 and synchronize afterwards:

• Amount
  • Price
  • PriceRoundOff

My mistake was, I was adjusting the Rounding Rules of Purchase Orders. With this setup, you could set the Agreements up to 6 decimal places but it would automatically round off to 2 decimal places in purchase line. I adjust the Rounding Rules of Prices and it turned okay.

I read the code and by default, if the rounding rule is 0, the round amount is 0.01.

Hope this helps.

Verified Answer
Lyka Tasis responded on 2 Sep 2012 7:19 PM

Dear Corey,

I was able to display 6 decimal places and fix the rounding via correct configuration of rounding rules in the Currencies form.

I changed the NoOfDecimals of the following EDT to 6 and synchronize afterwards:

• Amount
  • Price
  • PriceRoundOff

My mistake was, I was adjusting the Rounding Rules of Purchase Orders. With this setup, you could set the Agreements up to 6 decimal places but it would automatically round off to 2 decimal places in purchase line. I adjust the Rounding Rules of Prices and it turned okay.

I read the code and by default, if the rounding rule is 0, the round amount is 0.01.

Hope this helps.

Suggested Answer
Corey Warawa responded on 24 Aug 2012 2:02 PM

Lyka,

We are using the "Price unit" field on the Price/Discount tab on the PO line.  As an example if we want a unit price of $1.463 we type $14.63 in the unit price field (only 14.6 is displayed in the form), then we put "10" in the price unit field.  This will result in AX moving the decimal point 1 position to the left.

We have not been able to determine a way to display more than 2 decimal places in the PO Details form.

Corey