Question Status

Verified
Neil Mayfield asked a question on 22 Aug 2012 2:14 PM

I am trying to simply add a field to the SalesInvoiceReport. I added the field to the SalesInvoiceTMP table. However, when I edit the report object, the data source is not bringing in the field that I added to the table. How do I get it to show up?

Ajit Srivastava responded on 23 Aug 2012 6:24 AM

Neil,

Right click on object and refresh it. if you still not see then restart reporting services.

Regards,

Ajit

Andy Adamak responded on 23 Aug 2012 2:19 PM

Neil is right -> in visual studio you have to right click the data source and refresh it (close all desingers first).  Then save and go back in to edit the report.

Also, you need to wire up the required data in the processReport and/or insertIntoSalesInvoiceTmp methods in your SalesInvoiceDP class if you haven't already... otherwise it will just be blank.

Verified Answer
Neil Mayfield responded on 23 Aug 2012 2:59 PM

I found out that the problem is that Visual Studio is opened with the wrong configuration. It points to PROD when it should be pointing to DEV when I open the report object from DEV.

Verified Answer
Neil Mayfield responded on 23 Aug 2012 2:59 PM

I found out that the problem is that Visual Studio is opened with the wrong configuration. It points to PROD when it should be pointing to DEV when I open the report object from DEV.