Introducing Subscriptions

• Comments 7

Many of you have been asking for ways to follow specific topics within the community.  Today we've launched the "Subscriptions" feature, which allows you to do just that.  Subscriptions are a great way to stay up-to-date on topics that are important to you.  Here are some of the highlights:

FOLLOW TAGS
When members add tags to forum posts and blog articles, you can easily subscribe to those tags by clicking the "Subscribe" link.

CREATE KEYWORDS
If you'd like to subscribe to other phrases, you can add keywords via the "Subscriptions" tab on the Settings page.  If you want to subscribe to the keyword for all product groups you've joined, select the "Site Root" option -- otherwise select the specific product group.

EARN BADGES
When you setup your first subscription, you'll earn the Subscriber 1 badge and the Subscriber 2 badge after you have five setup.  Learn more about badges

VIEW SUBSCRIPTIONS AND SCHEDULE EMAIL NOTIFICATIONS
You can view your subscriptions from the home page or the home page for any product group that you've joined. 

Your subscriptions are set to send you a daily email notification by default.  You can change that to weekly or opt-out of email notifications.

MANAGE YOUR SUBSCRIPTIONS
If your subscriptions include too much or too little information, it's easy to edit your keywords or unsubscribe from specific keywords.

FEEDBACK?
We hope you love Subscriptions.  Let us know what you think by leaving a comment below.  Thanks!

Eric Parsons, Microsoft Dynamics Community Manager

• When I look at my favorits, I see 'Wikis'. Where I can see wikis?

• @Aleksandar, great question -- Although we have the ability to use wikis, we haven't set any up.  Would love your ideas on how you think they'd be beneficial!

• Hello There, I am experienced consultant/program manager in Dynamics CRM. I like to upload some of my articles blogs in this site, for the benefit of your readership. How do I do this, please. Thanking you Satha

• @Satha, I will follow-up with you via a private message.  Thanks!

• Great idea, thanks guys and dolls.

• Hello Eric,

I have been following the 4 accounting packages in Dynamics for a number of years, and I am now in the final stages of choosing between Great Plains and Navision. However, sadly, even after A LOT of research, I am still finding the decision quite confusing. Is there any definitive MS guidance, workflow charts, etc to help choose (very specifically, not just e.g., "Axapta is for larger companies")? I think Navision is the product I will choose, and I am heavily focussed on the integration with and ability to customise via Dot Net, but I do not want something as heavy as Axapta.

It seems that Navision is better at this than Great Plains, although I really don't want to have to learn another (I.e., Navision's) programming language.

Thanks for your feedback.

Kind regards,

Keith

• Keep me posted