Recently I have been working with some customers to setup their Dynamics CRM 2011 Online environments. Since the application is presented through the Internet Explorer web browser, different users have different settings for security in their Internet Explorer options. In the past, adding https://orgname.crm.dynamics.com to the users Trusted Sites alleviated issues users might experience while using CRM.
Of late, I have found that specifying the organization name within the url is not sufficient.
The settings I am now recommending for Trusted Sites for CRM 2011 users is to add *.crm.dynamics.com and *.live.com. I have provided detailed steps below.
Changing these settings will address a user getting prompted multiple times when trying to login. I have also found it reduces a number of generic errors a user may receive. Understand that many networks and Internet Options can be configured differently and yield different issues when logging in to CRM 2011 Online. Most of my customers do not experience these issues.
1. Open Internet Explorer.
2. Click on the “Tools” menu and select “Internet Options”.
3. Click on the “Security” tab and the large green checkbox that reads “Trusted Sites”
4. You will see the screen below.
5. Click the “Sites” button on the right hand of the screen to display a list of current Trusted Sites similar to the screen shot below.
6. To add the wildcard (*) domain, you will first need to uncheck the “Require server …” checkbox at the bottom of the form.
7. Now type *.live.com in the field labeled “Add this website to the zone:” and click the “Add” button to the right.
8. Now type *.crm.dynamics.com in the field labeled “Add this website to the zone:” and click the “Add” button to the right.
9. Once those values show up in the “Websites:” field, you can click Close on this dialog box and then click OK on the Internet Options dialog box.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13