Microsoft Dynamics CRM software blog provides information to existing users of CRM, or those looking to make the transition from software such as salesforce.comWe can help you reach your sales goals.
Whether you’re in the market for a CRM system or are new to Dynamics CRM, I’m sure you’ll be glad to hear that Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 can easily be personalized to accommodate a user’s unique work style. To see how this works, here’s a demo of Dynamics CRM’s personalization capabilities available on YouTube. For any of you who would rather read instructions on how to personalize your CRM system, the following is an overview of what’s covered in that video.
Feature # 1 Pin the information you use most often
Here’s how it works:
1. Click the “Recently Viewed Folder” icon, highlighted in this screenshot
Clicking this button brings up a list of the items you’ve been working with recently.
2. In this next screenshot, you can see the records and views that were last accessed by this particular user.
3. Notice each of the items on this list has an icon that looks like a push pin next to it. You can click any of these pins to make a particular record or view constantly available at the top of the recently viewed list. That way, you always have easy access to the files you use most often.
Feature #2 Jump from one opportunity to the next
1. Click the dropdown arrow next to “Opportunities” in the top right hand corner of the record screen. As shown below, this brings up a list of other opportunities.
2. Click on any of the items in this list to bring up the opportunity you’d like to view next.
3. Or, to simply view the next record, click the blue down arrow next to the “Opportunities” button.
Feature #3: Create a personalized view to highlight the data that’s most important to you
Now, just as an example, let’s create a report that shows all opportunities worth more than $75,000.
To do this, define your search and filtering parameters using the advanced find capability shown below.
2. From this list, select “Estimated Revenue”
3. Set the rest of the parameters (is greater than $75,000) in the fields that appear.
4. Once you’ve filled in those fields, you will see a see a blue hyperlink labeled, “Select”. Click it.
5. This will bring up a new drop down menu. Here you will select “Owner” then, “Equals” “Current user”
6. Finally, click the “Results” button on the ribbon to preview your new report and verify that you have the information you were looking for.
This final screenshot gives you an idea of what the completed personalized view will look like.
It’s that simple! To learn more about Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 and how its easy personalization capabilities can help increase your staff’s productivity, contact us today!
By: Laura Heinbockel, Intelligent Technologies, Inc., a NC Dynamics CRM partner
3 Features That Make it Easy to Personalize Dynamics CRM 2011 is a post from: CRM Software Blog
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13