Question Status

Unanswered
Yair Rozenberg asked a question on 25 Oct 2011 8:40 AM

Workflows executed when the trigger didn't happen.

For example, I've a workflow on account defined to execute only when name changes and all other triggers are disabled.
For somereason the workflow runs when there was no change to the fields (we have audit history and nothing is there   the users says they didn't change it).
It happens for more then one workflow.

Does anyone have an idea why it happens?
Or at least where i could find workflow behind the scenes material?

Thanks.

EricP responded on 25 Oct 2011 8:57 AM

I also have this problem but I see something weird in the Audit history at the exact same time that Microsoft is investigating.  A field called "Pricing Error" in the Opportunity it marked as "Retrieved" by the Owner but the field is nowhere on the form, the Opportunity is closed (so should not allow any changes by the user) and we are not using CRM for invoicing whatsoever so "Pricing" error should never occur...  One day, we had a few hundred emails that sent to old inactive customers....Do you see something in Audit history (even if it doen't seem related) at the time the workflow trigerred ?

Yair Rozenberg responded on 25 Oct 2011 9:45 AM

I forgot to mention its Dynamics Crm 4 What is your crm version? I guess its crm 2011 and you are using the build in audit history.

Anyway yes there are records changed during the time the workflow started none of them are related in relationship to the workflow record..

Anyway recommendation??

Gus Gonzalez responded on 25 Oct 2011 11:40 AM

Yair,

Could it be that the change is triggered from Outlook and not CRM?

Like the owner of the contact added something to the name or something along those lines?

Gus Gonzalez

Dad, Husband, Engineer, 3-time Microsoft MVP, Solution Architect,  Subject Matter Expert, Speaker, Columnist  Georgia Chapter Chairman. Follow me @GusGonzalez2.

Yair Rozenberg responded on 25 Oct 2011 11:54 AM

Thanks for the response.

We aren't using outlook client. Even though the Audit History would have record it.

We have problems in the DB server some times the CPU and memory gets overhead and everything is stuck, could it cause it somehow?

Gus Gonzalez responded on 25 Oct 2011 12:14 PM

I guess so...I have never seen this issue before...I have seen many times where the Workflows don't run even if the trigger is set (multiple times) but I have never ran into Workflows that run more than they should...that's a new one for me! :)

Gus Gonzalez

Dad, Husband, Engineer, 3-time Microsoft MVP, Solution Architect,  Subject Matter Expert, Speaker, Columnist  Georgia Chapter Chairman. Follow me @GusGonzalez2.