Dynamics CRM Support Blog
Problems configuring the CRM Outlook client? Use the wizard!
CRM Resource Center
FAQ About Technical SupportOnline | On-Premise
FAQ About Billing
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer Center and SDK
I am having a problem whereby, when I try to click Save and Close on a new appointment activity, I get the error:
"General Failure in Scheduling Engine" and then the error "SQL Server Timeout Expired".
I have looked around for solutions to this problem, and all solutions seem to point me in the direction of Rollup 1. However, we are currently on Rollup 3.
Does anyone know how I can fix this issue?
Is it just the appointments or other activities as well, I have seen something similar in CRM 3.0 when a user does not have access to Queues in CRM i.e the security setting is set to no green blob for that user.
Also something similar but not exactly the same when the security setting were throttled back on the activity entity.
Hope you find the problem
Both users who are experiencing this problem have full access on all aspects of activities other than Delete and Assign, which are set to User Only. They both have Read Access to Queues as well. I wouldn't really want to give them any more than Read Access to the queues though if possible.
From memory that is the problem that they need full access to queues, could you try it to see if that is the issue as I think thereis an additional hotfix
I tried with full access to Queues but still got the same error. One thing I have picked up on while testing on the users laptop - when the user creates an appointment under their ownership, and with only them attending the meeting, the save and close will work. If they then open this appointment and add any other users, the save and close will then work. It is only when they try and create the appointment and add other users prior to saving that they get the error.
I'm not sure whether this is anything to do with them only having User Only rights on Assigning Activities. I am going to try giving them full access to Assigning Activities to see if provides a solution.
Interesting, it could be as simple as that, its not one I have seen before but doing this for a living I lean new things about CRM everyday, pleasekeep me posted on what you find
not as simple as that unfortunately! would have been nice to have such a simple solution...
did you say you know of a hotfix that may be relevant to this problem?
that is a shame, the hotfix I mentioned was to get around the queue problem which you dont see to have and only have a few numbers experiencing the issues, I'll ask the team here and see if they know of a fix and come back to you tomorrow
That would be great thanks for your help Alistair.
Couple of suggestions from the team first if you have not tried it can you run the CRM diagnostics
Also worth asking them to install the CRM diagnostics tool for v3 (CrmDiagToolTurbo - http://blogs.msdn.com/benlec/pages/microsoft-crm-support-tools-download-page.aspx) and analysing the logs for that specific action.
General feedback is that we all seem to think it is around the pemmisions and this is causing the initial problem for these 2 users
The easiest would be to temporarily add additional role to the users affected - add the "Scheduler" role and see if this resolves it. Specifically I'm suspecting the "Search Avilability" and "Browse Availability" permissions under the Service Activity tab.
Hope this helps
I gave the users the scheduler role and this has solved the problem, so I have allocated them permissions on the "Search Availability" and "Browse Availability" to enable them to raise these appointments.
Thanks for your help Alistair.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13