Question Status

Verified
Jeff Winters asked a question on 10 Feb 2012 5:34 AM

We applied Rollup Update 6 for CRM 2011 on January 24th.  Since then our users have recieved this error about 8 times when saving Opportunities or Accounts after making edits.  There doesn't seem to be any pattern, and in all cases, the user was able to re-open the same record, make the same edits, and save the record successfully.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Access Denied
This form is no longer available.  As a security precaution Microsoft Dynamics CRM does not automatically resubmit your information for you.  To continue, close and reopen the form, enter your information again, and then save the form.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We did also import customizations from our dev environment around the same time, but the changes were minor and to existing entities.  Our process was to apply the rollup patch to both dev and production, then the dev organization was removed, a fresh copy of the production organization was imported, the some minor changes were made (some picklist changes or something like that), then they were exported from dev and into production.  We are unable to tie the error to the customization changes in any way so we are suspecting the rollup and wondering if anyone else has run into this.

Is anyone else seeing this?

Thanks,
Jeff

Verified Answer
Dave Toffling responded on 22 Feb 2012 9:40 AM

Found a fix. looks like you need to a registry key: HKLM>Software>Microsoft>MSCRM>IgnoreTokenCheck (Dword)=1

restart IIS after and you should be fine

Verified Answer
Jeff Winters responded on 24 Feb 2012 6:57 AM

Thanks very much for the info Dave.  I googled the reg key you suggested as a fix and found another string that states this is a fix that will be included in Rollup 7, to be released March 8.

We've decided to wait for the patch release, as the error is only an annoyance for us and we're not getting it all that often, so I will not actually be testing your solution, but I will mark it as an answer for others.

thanks Again,

Jeff

Mohammad Atif responded on 13 Feb 2012 1:05 PM

Hi Jeff,

Hope you are doing well.

From the above description I understand that you are facing issue with CRM 2011 Online.

I have recently encountered similar issue where CRM 2011 online users are getting this error message while adding new users. And the work around is: In CRM Application go to Settings -> Administration -> User ->Manage Roles -> Click on lookup field -> Click on NEW to create new user, however in your scenario as you mentioned you are getting this error message while working on records. I would suggest you to open a support case with Microsoft as it looks to me a known issue in CRM 2011 Online.

Thanks,

Mohammad

Jeff Winters responded on 14 Feb 2012 6:00 AM

Hi Mohammad,

Thanks for your reply.  No, this not CRM Online.  Maybe I should have specified On Premise, but I didn't think you could apply rollup updates to an Online deployment, so I thought it was implied.  Sorry for the confusion.

If it is a known issue, I expect that I'll get some replies on here from people who are experiencing the same issue (your issue sounds different).  If I can't find anyone else who has the same issue, then it must be related to our custom.

Since the issue is random, and occurs less than 10% of the time, I can't reproduce it for Microsoft support.  Based on my experience, if it is not a known issue, and I cannot reproduce it on demand for MS support, opening a case will not help.  The case will just drag out and consume too much of my time, possibly even without a resolution.

Hopefully someone else out there has seen this same issue?

thanks,

Jeff

Mohammad Atif responded on 14 Feb 2012 9:42 AM

Hi Jeff,

Thank you for reply.

From the initial description I was under the impression that this is CRM Online Organization. And I was not much clear if it is happening from the web client or from the Outlook client. There is an option to apply the Update rollup manually even in the case of CRM 2011 Outlook client (Online Orgs).

As you have confirmed now that the issue is with CRM 2011 on premise and not with Online I would say that it might be the Customization in your organization which is causing this error message.

Do you have any other vanilla Organization in your CRM deployment and have you ever faced this issue there? I think this is a good test to isolate this on the org level, however if this is reproducible in vanilla Org then this is environment specific issue.

It is difficult to say what exactly is happening based on the error message you are getting but if we can a platform trace of this intermittent issue then the things will be more clear.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

Mohammad

Rodger Keesee responded on 14 Feb 2012 4:34 PM

Jeff - the same problem is happening to us and started happening immediately after applying Update Rollup 6 to all users and the server last Monday. We have 5 users and very lite customization (only some field names). It's definitely related to Rollup 6. I've found that we can hit the browser BACK button and then resave the record and it saves successfully. It seems to happen in many different Entity types - Cases, Accounts, Contacts, Quotes, etc.

Dave Toffling responded on 22 Feb 2012 9:29 AM

Same issue here. its something with roll up 6. Can't complete an appointment because of this.

Verified Answer
Dave Toffling responded on 22 Feb 2012 9:40 AM

Found a fix. looks like you need to a registry key: HKLM>Software>Microsoft>MSCRM>IgnoreTokenCheck (Dword)=1

restart IIS after and you should be fine

Jeff Winters responded on 22 Feb 2012 10:01 AM

Wow, thanks Dave!  Have you found a TK or something?  I'm wondering if there is any potential impact on our IFD environment.

thanks,

Jeff

Verified Answer
Jeff Winters responded on 24 Feb 2012 6:57 AM

Thanks very much for the info Dave.  I googled the reg key you suggested as a fix and found another string that states this is a fix that will be included in Rollup 7, to be released March 8.

We've decided to wait for the patch release, as the error is only an annoyance for us and we're not getting it all that often, so I will not actually be testing your solution, but I will mark it as an answer for others.

thanks Again,

Jeff

Rodger Keesee responded on 29 Feb 2012 10:10 PM

Thanks Dave!