Import users via CSV or XML?

This question is answered

I just joined our NOC, we create users all night long, every time modeling them after an existing user.  Is there way way to make a csv or xml file to just import a ton of them at the same time rather than monkey clicking for every user?

Verified Answer
  • Under Settings, check out Data Management. Under Templates for Data Import you can download a template you can edit in Excel and enter in details for multiple users to be created.  Once complete, in Data Management, go to Import and use the Import Data selection from the ribbon at the top of the page to browse to your file and start the import.

You should be able to export user data from any of the views in the Users area or through an Advanced Find of Users. The Advanced Find will allow you to select which columns you want to view/export.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

All Replies
  • being able to export them would be nice to (it would make making profiles much easier)

• Under Settings, check out Data Management. Under Templates for Data Import you can download a template you can edit in Excel and enter in details for multiple users to be created.  Once complete, in Data Management, go to Import and use the Import Data selection from the ribbon at the top of the page to browse to your file and start the import.

You should be able to export user data from any of the views in the Users area or through an Advanced Find of Users. The Advanced Find will allow you to select which columns you want to view/export.

Jason Lattimer

• Thanks!!

If you import data this way can you rely on AD to auto fill out the extra feilds still? or does that have to be part of the import?

• You will have to make it part of the import it appears. I tried importing a user with just the username field populated and none of the information I had in Active Directory came through like the manual method.

Jason Lattimer

• alrighty

thanks again