SQL 2012 and CRM 2011?

This question is answered

I'm about to do an install of CRM 2011.  Now that SQL Server 2012 is official, and the RTM version is available for download, I'd rather use the latest version of SQL rather than install 2008 and upgrade somewhere down the road.

I was wondering what experiences people have had with running CRM 2011 on SQL 2012?  

I know that SQL 2012 is only just official, but it has been under test for some time.

I don't care if CRM 2011 doesn't fully take advantage of all of the wonders of SQL 2012, just that it runs on there.

Thanks!

Verified Answer
All Replies
  • I used the version, availale on the Microsoft Download link

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

The download is the build : 05.00.9690.1992

The SRS installation is in the folder SrsDataConnector

• Did you have to extract the .exe to get to the SRS installer? My SQL Server 2012 instance is on another server so the installer prevents me from running it because no CRM install is present? I can't find any trace of the SRSDataConnector installer on the CRM machine other than the one that came with the ISO.  Selecting "check for updates" when installing the SRSDataConnector from this older build doesn't seem to have any impact either?

• You need to extract the setup in the desired folder on the SRS server , then start the SetupSrsDataConnector.exe in the folder SrsDataConnector.

Do not check for updates (there are no updates)  and proceed with the installation.

• Hmm, strange? I've just extracted the CRM2011-Server-ENU-amd64.exe and there is no sign of the SRSDataConnector?

• A picture tells everything...

• .... and you've extracted the SRSDataConnector directory from the link to the .exe you posted?

• Hi Tomaž,

And thanks a lot! The solution seems to be just as simple as you said: I downloaded that exe and installed SRS Data Connector from there successfully. Now I updated both server and SRS Connector to UR 8 and the reports seem to be working fine.

BR,

Jari L