Dynamics CRM Support Blog
Problems configuring the CRM Outlook client? Use the wizard!
CRM Resource Center
FAQ About Technical SupportOnline | On-Premise
FAQ About Billing
Microsoft Dynamics CRM Developer Center and SDK
Getting this Error message in CRM 2011 @ different places while navigating through: Stack overflow at line 0: Any Comments???
Thank you for opening a new thread.
From the error message it's really difficult to say that if this error message is really related to the CRM or not.
Please let me know if you have already verified this from the CRM server. And if this is reproducible from the CRM server i would say to test this behavior in in private browsing of IE to check if you can reproduce it there or not.
May i ask you a couple of more questions here?
1. What is the update roll up installed in CRM
2. is this new installation of the CRM or is this upgrade from CRM 4.0?
3. is your CRM and SQL are in same box
4. Are you the system administrator?
5. Was there any recent changes that has been done
Are you seeing these erros on both, Outlook and Web client?
Mohammad: Please see my comments below:
1. What is the update roll up installed in CRM---> UR5
2. is this new installation of the CRM or is this upgrade from CRM 4.0?--->New Installation
3. is your CRM and SQL are in same box--->Different
4. Are you the system administrator?--- Yes i m
5. Was there any recent changes that has been done-- No chages
Gus: From web, i don't have Outlook client installed
1. What are the steps you are following when you are getting this error message: is there a specific patter you can reproduce this error message.
2. What is the version of IE installed in the system when you are getting this Error message?
3. Are you getting this Error message right from the beginning of the installation of CRM 2011 Server.
1. What are the steps you are following when you are getting this error message: is there a specific patter you can reproduce this error message-- no specific steps
2. What is the version of IE installed in the system when you are getting this Error message-IE9
3. Are you getting this Error message right from the beginning of the installation of CRM 2011 Server-yes
More information: This is happeing in the default vanilla org
Can you please test this behavior from the client machine where you have IE8 installed and also can you check this from the server if you are able to reproduce this error message in In private browsing mode of IE?
Mohammad- It's reproducable from IE8 and IE9 and in Inprivate Browsing also.
Hmmm. That's Strange.
Just a final ask on this before i can ask you to open a support case with us to further troubleshoot on this issue: are you getting any try of error message in eve viewer and have you tried enabling the Server side tracing to see if you are getting some information there at the time you are getting/reproducing the error message.
Please check this and update this thread and i suggest you to open a support case with us if you are not getting any information there in event viewer or in Server traces.
Also i would like others to post your suggestions if we can check something here before i request Ron to open a support case with Microsoft.
I am also facing the same issue.
1. What is the update roll up installed in CRM---> UR8 (installed recently)
4. Are you the system administrator?--- Yes i m, the issue happens to all users irrespective of SA
After installing UR 8 , our users often faced this issue(stack overflow)
We are not able to reproduce it anyways.
We are experiencing the issue ONLY in OUTLOOK client. Following are the steps to reproduce:
Update Rollup: 8
New On-Premise installation
SQL and CRM on different servers.
My user is a system administrator:
Steps to reproduce:
1- Let say we have a custom entity event and another custom entity attendee that is related to Event through a 1:N relationship. Event has a left-nav link to list associated attendees and attendee form has a lookup to the event.
2- Open outlook client and navigate to one of the event records
3- On the event form click Attendees link on the left navigation bar and open one of the attendees from the sub-grid
4- Double click the Event lookup field on the attendee form; this would take you back to the event form but unlike IE client would refresh the event form.
5- Alt-Tab to Attendee form.
6- Double click on the event lookup again.
7- Stack Overflow at line 0 error messages start to pop up.
We are experiencing the same problem as described above by roozbehtk.
Is this fixed in Update Rollup 10?
Is there an open case for this problem?
I have a client who has 8 tenants. Today I went into each of them in turn to enable a user in each of them. After about the third one, I continually got this message, just when trying to update the user record. At one point, I couldn't even double-click on the user record to open it, but I was able to click on the Manage Roles button so I could give them a role.
My process was: connect to CRM. Go to Disabled Users view (a custom one I created - why there isn't one OOB, I'll never know, but anyway).. Open user, enable, manage roles....
The problem got worse as I went through the orgs... By the 8th org, I was getting about 10 of them before I could finally open the record.
It seems to me that this is some kind of memory leak issue, and/or a problem with opening the same form across many orgs (which I ran across before with opening the same named custom form across many orgs)...
David L Carr
President, Visionary Software
Developer of CRM Rules!
My CRM administrators and users are also experiencing this error.
1. What is the update roll up installed in CRM --> UR8
2. is this new installation of the CRM or is this upgrade from CRM 4.0? --> Upgrade from 4
3. is your CRM and SQL are in same box --> No
4. Are you the system administrator? --> No, but I have admin rights in the development and test environments.
5. Was there any recent changes that has been done --> No. The screens where these errors appear have never been customized and our users have complained about the error to some degree since we upgraded to CRM 2011 earlier this year.
Additionally - Some of our users who have this issue have the CRM 2011 Outlook client installed, and some do not.
We are using IE 8
Steps to reproduce:
1. Open the Account Form.
2. Click the Relationships item on the left navigation section.
3. Click the New Customer Relationship button on the Customer Relationship subgrid. The Customer Relationship: New form will pop up
4. The Stack Overflow at line: 0 error will occasionally appear at this point. When this occurs:
a. The Party 1 field will be populated with the Account that the relationship was created from
b. The user can select a Party 2, but the Role 1 and Role 2 drop down lists are both blank and disabled. They will remain disabled until the relationship is saved. Once the relationship is saved, Role 1 and Role 2 may be selected. When the stack overflow error does not occur, Role 1 and Role 2 may be selected before saving.
There is no evidence of an error in the CRM Trace Log (verbose), the server Event Log (Application) or the client machine's Event Log. This appears to be isolated to Internet Explorer or the script runtime.
I have also asked the users to inform me of any IE add-ons that may be installed. There is one common add-on that the 2 users I'm working with have (other than standard MS, Adobe, Sun add-ons), and that's:
Ikonic Menu Control
I have asked the users to disable that the next time they need to add customer relationships.
I found another user who does not have the Ikonic add on, but also experiences the error. So I don't think the issue is related to browser add-ons. I guess that's what the InPrivate comment above was referring to.
Any news on this issue, i have just set a nes CRM 2011 system live and have two users seeing this "Stack overflow at line 0:" error.
1. What is the update roll up installed in CRM - RU8
2. is this new installation of the CRM or is this upgrade from CRM 4.0? - NEW CRM 2011 Installation
3. is your CRM and SQL are in same box - CRM+async in one, SQL on other server
4. Are you the system administrator? - Yes
5. Was there any recent changes that has been done - No
The error only comes for these two users that run CRM in outlook, other users that use it directly from IE, does not see this error.
Other Microsoft Sites
I'm a Customer
I'm a Partner
Use the official Twitter tags:
#MSDYNCOMM | #CONV13