How do I setup the Dynamics CRM Online email router on Azure?

This question has suggested answer(s)

Hello,

I'm looking for specific instructions on how to install the email router for Dynamics CRM on Azure.  I can't seem to find instructions specific to setup on Azure.  Is it even possible?  If so, would someone be able to provide me with some guidance?

Thanks,

David

All Replies
  • Not Sure if i am corrcet. Are you asking for CRM 2011 Online E-mail router setup with Exchage online. If yes can you please check this discussion on MSDN

Thanks,

Mohammad

• I know that the email router can be setup to use Exchange Online.  I'm wondering if the E-Mail router can be installed on Azure.

• Sorry I did not put the link in my previous post:social.microsoft.com/.../6225af2d-c8f5-4cc7-ab64-5b936c36987.

Thanks,

Mohammad

• Hi Mohammad,

The link does not work.

"Page Not Found

We're sorry, but the page you requested could not be found. Please check your typing and try again, or use the search options on this page."

Does this post say how to install the E-Mail Router on Azure?

Thanks,

David

• So you mean that you wnat to install CRM E-mail router Microsoft cloud computing platform. As far as i know it is not possible.

I will cross check  with our databacenter team to check if this is possible and update this thread.

Thanks,

Mohammad

• Yes, Mohammad, that is exactly what I'm asking.  Can I install the CRM E-Mail Router on the MS cloud computer platform Azure?  Thanks.

• Hi David,

I have checked on this but did not find much information. may i request you to open a Support case with Microsoft Azure team in collaboration with Dynamics CRM and we will check for the Documentation part on this requirement.

Thanks,

Mohammad

• Hi Mohammad,

I'm happy to do that.  Will you tell me where to go to open an Azure support case and how I link it so that it is done in collaboration with Dynamics CRM?

Thanks,

David

• Hi David,

You can  open a support case with CRM online Org under resource center >Suppot>Technical Support Request>

but it looks to me that this site is currenty down so you may also place this request after calling at 1-800-936-4900 and telling them to open a CRM online case

The collboration part with Azure team will take care by the engineer.

Thanks,

Mohammad

• Thanks for following up Mohammad.  I called like you suggested and there has been a case opened.  

• Hi David,  were you able to deploy the email router for crm 2011 online in the Azure Cloud?

• No I wasn't.  Not yet. I have an open ticket with MS where they are saying that they will provide me with some guidance but I haven't received any assistance yet.  No one at MS seems to know how to do it either.  I had to have several calls and several emails with different people before they understood that I was trying to build out an email router on Azure, not just an email router on any old server.

• I haven't installed the CRM E-mail Router on an Azure machine myself, but I have deployed it on hosted virtual machines before without any issues.

You need to do is provision an Azure Compute service with a Virtual Machine role (note that this service is still in beta), and this will give you a Windows Server 2008 R2 machine onto which you can install the CRM E-mail Router. You can choose XS, S, M, L, XL Azure Compute services according to your requirements and budget.

www.windowsazure.com/.../virtual-machines

Neil Benson, Slalom Consulting
    http://uk.linkedin.com/in/neilbenson
    @customery

• My problem with this is that it looks like I have to supply a VHD image and I don't have one to use.  It would be nice to be able to provision a default 2008 R2 VHD directly from Azure and pay for it monthly.

• You can create a VHD image using Hyper-V, or you could probably also use most other popular virtualization software (e.g. VirtualBox) to create a compatible VHD image.

Azure probably isn't the most convenient place to run the CRM E-mail Router service, other cloud hosting providers make hosting a old-fashioned VM a little easier than this, but it can be done if you really want to.

Neil Benson, Slalom Consulting
    http://uk.linkedin.com/in/neilbenson
    @customery