Question Status

Verified
bjam76 asked a question on 28 Mar 2012 6:38 PM

Hi there,

I've managed to get the Connector setup, so I can create Accounts in CRM and they get pushed into AX.

But I cannot get the addresses to update in AX when they are changed in CRM.  If I make a change to the address in CRM then it creates two new addresses in AX, rather than updating the existing ones.

I'm using the out-the-box templates, so any ideas would be great.

I'm using CRM 2011 - Rollup 6 and AX 2012 - CU2.

Thanks in advance,

Ben

Suggested Answer
Chris Hetzler responded on 29 Mar 2012 8:41 AM

Which version of Conenctor are you using?  The newest one is 2.0.620.1 this issue might be resolved by upgrading to the latest version and well as using the latest maps.

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

Connector for Microsoft Dynamics team blog

bjam76 responded on 29 Mar 2012 1:28 PM

Hi chetzler,

I've double-checked and it is the latest version.

Kind regards,

Ben

bjam76 responded on 29 Mar 2012 9:04 PM

Just a quick update to say that the duplicate addresses are being placed into the LOGISTICSLOCATION table in AX.

Suggested Answer
Chris Hetzler responded on 13 Apr 2012 9:26 AM

Do you currently have a support ticket for this issue?  I think that this would be your best route to getting this addressed.

bjam76 responded on 18 Apr 2012 2:22 PM

I've raised a support ticket and will post back when I get an answer.

Verified Answer
bjam76 responded on 7 May 2012 10:18 PM

Just a quick update as I think this can be marked as answered! I raised a support case, but also found there was a bug where the javascript wasn't submitting Address2 fields correctly for the Plugin to correctly integrate with AX. This is fixed in the next release of the Connector, but in the meantime this is the script that should be used in account_ribbon_connector.js web resource.

function Dynamics_Integration_account_Form_Group0_Control0_1()

{

if(Xrm.Page.getAttribute("dynamics_isreadyforintegration").getValue() == false)

{

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("dynamics_isreadyforintegration").setValue(true); 

Xrm.Page.getControl("dynamics_isreadyforintegration").setDisabled(true); 

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("dynamics_isreadyforintegration").setSubmitMode("always"); 

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("dynamics_integrationkey").setSubmitMode("always"); 

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("accountnumber").setSubmitMode("always"); 

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("address1_name").setSubmitMode("always");

if(Xrm.Page.getAttribute("address2_name") != null)

{

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("address2_name").setSubmitMode("always");

}

}       

Xrm.Page.data.entity.save();

}

I've since then decided not to use the Address1 and Address2 fields as I was still getting integration problems, so I'm using the [More Addresses] collection instead.

Verified Answer
bjam76 responded on 7 May 2012 10:18 PM

Just a quick update as I think this can be marked as answered! I raised a support case, but also found there was a bug where the javascript wasn't submitting Address2 fields correctly for the Plugin to correctly integrate with AX. This is fixed in the next release of the Connector, but in the meantime this is the script that should be used in account_ribbon_connector.js web resource.

function Dynamics_Integration_account_Form_Group0_Control0_1()

{

if(Xrm.Page.getAttribute("dynamics_isreadyforintegration").getValue() == false)

{

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("dynamics_isreadyforintegration").setValue(true); 

Xrm.Page.getControl("dynamics_isreadyforintegration").setDisabled(true); 

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("dynamics_isreadyforintegration").setSubmitMode("always"); 

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("dynamics_integrationkey").setSubmitMode("always"); 

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("accountnumber").setSubmitMode("always"); 

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("address1_name").setSubmitMode("always");

if(Xrm.Page.getAttribute("address2_name") != null)

{

Xrm.Page.getAttribute("address2_name").setSubmitMode("always");

}

}       

Xrm.Page.data.entity.save();

}

I've since then decided not to use the Address1 and Address2 fields as I was still getting integration problems, so I'm using the [More Addresses] collection instead.

Suggested Answer
Chris Hetzler responded on 29 Mar 2012 8:41 AM

Which version of Conenctor are you using?  The newest one is 2.0.620.1 this issue might be resolved by upgrading to the latest version and well as using the latest maps.

Suggested Answer
Chris Hetzler responded on 13 Apr 2012 9:26 AM

Do you currently have a support ticket for this issue?  I think that this would be your best route to getting this addressed.