Question Status

Suggested Answer
Joe Monforton asked a question on 14 Mar 2013 11:15 AM

We have a dashboard where the Account and Contact views are not showing any data. If you do an Advanced Find, these views pull the data defined in the View but when you add this view to a dashboard nothing appears. Charts work fine but not the data lists. This behavior is the same in outlook and on the web version.

I've cleared the IE browsing history and reset IE and made sure all of the trusted level sites and custom level settings are correct but nothing seems to work.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Jon Birnbaum responded on 14 Mar 2013 6:30 PM

Hi Joe,

Does this behavior reproduce on multiple workstations?  What operating system and version of Internet Explorer are you using on the affected workstation(s)?

Thank you for using the Microsoft Dynamics Communities!

Jon Birnbaum
Support Escalation Engineer
Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Marketing

Joe Monforton responded on 15 Mar 2013 6:36 AM

Hi Jon,

It is happening on 2 computers in their office. One is running Windows XP with IE 8 and the other machine is a new laptop with Windows 7 IE 9. I had the client share out the view and I am able to see the list just fine in the dashboard on my computer.

Jon Birnbaum responded on 15 Mar 2013 5:41 PM

Do you have any IE add-ons installed on these two workstations?  If you navigate to Alt-T -> Compatibility View Settings and add the CRM website to the list, does it change the behavior?

If not, I would recommend opening a support case for this issue, as it will likely require doing some comparison tracing between working and non-working browsers.

Thank you for using the Microsoft Dynamics Communities!

Jon Birnbaum
Support Escalation Engineer
Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Marketing

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 16 Mar 2013 11:57 AM

The reason for this issues is the data corruption. All the values in picklist should have corresponding values in the stringmap table. If there are records with picklist values for which there is no corresponding values in the string map table, then the generic error will be shown.

Try to clean up the data to correct this problem. The way to find out all these records is:

1. Go to Advanced find.

2. Select the entity for which this error occurs. (For Ex: Account).

3. Select the column which is of type "picklist".

4. Select the operator as "Does not Equal".

5. In the pop up for selecting the picklist values choose all the values.

6. Click on Find.

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 16 Mar 2013 11:57 AM

The reason for this issues is the data corruption. All the values in picklist should have corresponding values in the stringmap table. If there are records with picklist values for which there is no corresponding values in the string map table, then the generic error will be shown.

Try to clean up the data to correct this problem. The way to find out all these records is:

1. Go to Advanced find.

2. Select the entity for which this error occurs. (For Ex: Account).

3. Select the column which is of type "picklist".

4. Select the operator as "Does not Equal".

5. In the pop up for selecting the picklist values choose all the values.

6. Click on Find.

M.Adeel