Question Status

Suggested Answer
HockeyLady asked a question on 20 Mar 2013 12:20 PM

I have many reports that were created in CRM 4 with a pie chart showing percentages.  In CRM 2011 the charts now show one section at 100% and the rest as 0%.  Is there something that has changed that requires me to change all these reports.  If so what?

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 21 Mar 2013 11:18 AM

As suggested by me please try to do the following.

There is a setting in MSCRM_Config --> Organization table "AreReportsPublished". You need to set the value of this attribute to 0/False. This will be get the PublishReports to publish all reports.

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 5 Apr 2013 9:22 AM

This might be because of the limit we impose on the number of records allowed during aggregation. The limit is 50,000 records. You can change this limit at the following locations:

on server - Change the value of AggregateQueryRecordLimit row in DeploymentProperties table in ConfigDB.

on client (offline outlook client) - Change the value of registry key

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\AggregateQueryRecordLimit

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 5 Apr 2013 9:35 AM

This blog post could also be helpful for you in understanding the issue:

blogs.msdn.com/.../why-won-t-crm-2011-charts-display.aspx

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 11 Apr 2013 1:07 PM

Did you install any Roll Up like Roll Up 10 or 12 after upgrade?

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 11 Apr 2013 1:37 PM

Aditionally did you Export the SRSS Encryption Key from SQL Server for CRM 4.0 Reports and import them to the CRM 2011 SQL Report Server?   You can verify it from the Keys table in ReportServer database.

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 11 Apr 2013 1:55 PM

Just one more question have you installed the CRM 2011 Reporting Extensions?

www.microsoft.com/.../details.aspx

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 11 Apr 2013 1:58 PM

Usually reports originally created using the Report wizard in CRM 4.0 lose their ability to be edited/modified by Report Wizard in CRM 2011.  The likely reason is because the reporting functionality and features changed from CRM 4.0 to CRM 2011, to where there wasn't an easy way to transition the old CRM 4.0 reports.  If you run any old custom reports made in CRM 4.0 (that are not supplied by Microsoft), the filter criterion and report criterion will be incorrect and do not apply or work with CRM 2011 reporting functionality.  As a result, the user has to just recreate the reports. This is by design.

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 11 Apr 2013 2:41 PM

Try the following then please:

To display percentage values as labels on a pie chart

Add a pie chart to your report. For more information, see Add a Chart to a Report (Report Builder and SSRS).

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd239311.aspx

On the design surface, right-click on the pie and select Show Data Labels. The data labels should appear within each slice on the pie chart.

On the design surface, right-click on the labels and select Series Label Properties. The Series Label Properties dialog box appears.

Type #PERCENT for the Label data option.

(Optional) To specify how many decimal places the label shows, type "#PERCENT{Pn}" where n is the number of decimal places to display. For example, to display no decimal places, type "#PERCENT{P0}".

To display percentage values in the legend of a pie chart

On the design surface, right-click on the pie chart and select Series Properties. The Series Properties dialog box displays.

In Legend, type #PERCENT for the Custom legend text property.

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 11 Apr 2013 2:42 PM

Also view this article please:

technet.microsoft.com/.../dd220426.aspx

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 11 Apr 2013 3:05 PM

Yes it seems to be a case with CRM 2011.

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 21 Mar 2013 11:18 AM

As suggested by me please try to do the following.

There is a setting in MSCRM_Config --> Organization table "AreReportsPublished". You need to set the value of this attribute to 0/False. This will be get the PublishReports to publish all reports.

M.Adeel

Mohammad Atif responded on 4 Apr 2013 5:48 PM

Well, I don't understand why we are trying to republish the reports if the reports are already showing there. So from this thread what I understand that the behavior is changed in CRM 2011, is this upgrade from CRM 4.0 to CRM 2011 or a new installation of CRM 2011. If upgrade can you create a new org and upload the report .rdl files for which you are facing the issues in the new org and see if this is the same behavior. Also please share the screenshot that will be more helpful.

Thanks,

HockeyLady responded on 5 Apr 2013 8:17 AM

I apologize if I am not providing enough information.

It is an upgrade from CRM 4 to CRM 2011.  They are not custom reports.  They were created by a user in CRM using the wizard.  I have tried to create a new report in CRM 2011 using the wizard and get the same result.  Reading the information on CRM 2011 I am unable to ascertain if this is a changed behaviour in CRM 2011.

I've attached a snapshot of the chart.

Mohammad Atif responded on 5 Apr 2013 9:07 AM

Can you please share the screenshot of the same report from CRM 4.0?

Thanks,

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 5 Apr 2013 9:22 AM

This might be because of the limit we impose on the number of records allowed during aggregation. The limit is 50,000 records. You can change this limit at the following locations:

on server - Change the value of AggregateQueryRecordLimit row in DeploymentProperties table in ConfigDB.

on client (offline outlook client) - Change the value of registry key

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\MSCRMClient\AggregateQueryRecordLimit

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 5 Apr 2013 9:35 AM

This blog post could also be helpful for you in understanding the issue:

blogs.msdn.com/.../why-won-t-crm-2011-charts-display.aspx

M.Adeel

HockeyLady responded on 5 Apr 2013 9:39 AM

We have a very small database.  This is not the issue.

HockeyLady responded on 5 Apr 2013 9:39 AM

This is a report not a chart.  The chart in the report displays.

Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 5 Apr 2013 10:09 AM

Did you remove Microsoft Dynamics CRM Connector for Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services before performing an upgrade?

M.Adeel

HockeyLady responded on 11 Apr 2013 11:16 AM

Here is the report in CRM 4.0.  I have been told it can't be done in CRM 2011 without creating a custom SRS report.  That just doesn't make sense pie charts are simple.

-Sorry new image.  Posted same image twice

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 11 Apr 2013 1:07 PM

Did you install any Roll Up like Roll Up 10 or 12 after upgrade?

M.Adeel

Mohammad Atif responded on 11 Apr 2013 1:17 PM

Have been told it can't be done in CRM 2011 without creating a custom SRS report-- can you please share more information on this. Is there another Thread where you have informed the same or you have already opened a support case?

Thanks,

Mohammad

HockeyLady responded on 11 Apr 2013 1:19 PM

I have been informed by the contractor working on the problem.  I don't trust their opinion because I can't back it up with anything, that's why I'm on this forum trying to find the problem.

HockeyLady responded on 11 Apr 2013 1:25 PM

We have applied rollup 11

Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 11 Apr 2013 1:32 PM

So did you configure and enable all hotfixes manually after applying roll up?

M.Adeel