After Pasting My Javascript Code the Code is not Appearing?

This question is not answered

Hi All,

i am getting one serious issue we are  integrating Chat application in MicrosoftDynamic CRM,when we copied the jquery code, the code is not showing after saving,only two lines of code is showing with some additional code this problem is irritating me plz help me .

Thanks,

Sree.

All Replies
  • Please check if any other developer is also working on the same web resource. And he overwrites the changes made by you.

• Hi Sree,

Thanks for posting your questions to the forum.

There was an issue with the first release of Update Rollup 10 for CRM 2011 where only the first 2000 characters of pasted Java Script would display in the editor window.

I would recommend to apply the latest update to CRM 2011 or at least Update Rollup 11, and then check if the issue still occurs.

Here is another method to bring in the Web Resource into CRM 2011 that should bypass the issue. Save the Java script to a text file using the .js extension.

1. In CRM 2011 navigate to settings > customizations > customize the system

2. Select Web Resources in the left hand navigation pane and select the new button in the main pane

3. Provide the name, display name, description, select the type (Script), and select to upload File.

This should bring in all of the script even if only 2000 characters are displaying in the text editor window in CRM 2011.

Hope this helps,

Al Ericson