Question Status

Suggested Answer
Whitey@Work asked a question on 4 Apr 2013 5:02 PM

I have tried to install CRM 2011 on a fresh Windows Server 2012 (Hyper-V Virtual) and found nothing but issues during the installation. MS states an additional setup pack is required to support WS2012 and will be available at the same time as RU13 but nothing can be found either online or the Microsoft Update Catalog. Can anyone advise on how to complete an installation of CRM 2011 on a WS2012 server (without the original hack)?

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 5 Apr 2013 4:53 AM

Did you download and tried to install MSCRM 2011 with Rollup 6 from the link as provided in the same link you provided me?

technet.microsoft.com/.../hh699671.aspx

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Guido Preite responded on 5 Apr 2013 5:33 AM

Hi,

with RU13 WS2012 is supported, but the new installer is not yet released, as you can see from this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2669061

"The Self-Healing Setup (SHS) that is needed for the installation on Windows Server 2012 will be published along-side Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 13 on Microsoft Update mid to late April, 2013."

Suggested Answer
Whitey@Work responded on 7 Apr 2013 8:47 PM

I have confirmed with the MS engineer, that the SHS installer pack is not available until mid to end April. So will wait for that to be available before trying again.

What is the EDW check? Until the SHS is available you will not get a successful installation.

Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 4 Apr 2013 5:13 PM

I will like you to refer to this link please:

community.dynamics.com/.../installing-crm-2011-and-windows-server-2012-not-supported-but-working-just.aspx

Furthermore, Windows Server 2012 does not support CRM 2011.

M.Adeel

Whitey@Work responded on 4 Apr 2013 5:21 PM

Hi, I think you find the follow link shows it is now supported.

Suggested Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 5 Apr 2013 4:53 AM

Did you download and tried to install MSCRM 2011 with Rollup 6 from the link as provided in the same link you provided me?

M.Adeel

Suggested Answer
Guido Preite responded on 5 Apr 2013 5:33 AM

Hi,

with RU13 WS2012 is supported, but the new installer is not yet released, as you can see from this page:

"The Self-Healing Setup (SHS) that is needed for the installation on Windows Server 2012 will be published along-side Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Update Rollup 13 on Microsoft Update mid to late April, 2013."

Mohammad Atif responded on 5 Apr 2013 9:37 AM

Hi Whity,

Can you Please let me know if you are getting error messages at EDW check ? can you please share the screenshot with me

Thanks,

Mohammad

Whitey@Work responded on 7 Apr 2013 3:25 PM

Hi,

Yes I resolved to the same conclusion but the rollup is now available, why would the additional setup installer not be available at the same time. So I also concluded I must wait for this installer.

Whitey@Work responded on 7 Apr 2013 3:32 PM

Hi Mohammad,

I do not get any error messages, only the installation dialog doesn't display. I have tried using the local user and I get further into the installation all the way to the OU Domain selection but as local user does not have permissions on the domain, you cannot continue past this point.

When logged in as a Domain administrator I get just past the point were the CRM installer installs all the required components correctly and then nothing, no dialog, nothing. I can see the CRM installer is still running in the task manager but it just stops at that point.

The log file doesn't show any issues apart from 'Cannot find roles' but continues and then just stops logging.

So sorry no error messages to display!

Cheers,

Whitey

Mohammad Atif responded on 7 Apr 2013 8:07 PM

Hi Whitey,

did you ever reached EDW checks? What i understand that after it install required components correctly, nothing happened on screen and you can only see CRM installer still running in TASK MANAGER. Just wanted to inform  you that i have faced the same behavior when i tried installing the CRM 2011  after it install the required components. But after restarting the server i was able to pass this and stuck at EDW check screen. I am checking with you again if you are getting to a point where you can reach to EDW check?

Thanks,

Mohammad

Suggested Answer
Whitey@Work responded on 7 Apr 2013 8:47 PM

I have confirmed with the MS engineer, that the SHS installer pack is not available until mid to end April. So will wait for that to be available before trying again.

What is the EDW check? Until the SHS is available you will not get a successful installation.

Mohammad Atif responded on 7 Apr 2013 10:19 PM

May i know the MS Engineer name? Or, is there a Support Case you have already opened with Microsoft ?  If yes, please let me know the support case number?

What is know is the following information : Update Rollup 13 has been released for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 On Premise.  One of the major items is the added support for Windows Server 2012 as well as AD FS 2.1 (Active Directory Federation Services): community.dynamics.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-update-rollup-13-has-been-released.aspx

and  blogs.msdn.com/.../update-rollup-13-for-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011.aspx

Thanks,

Mohammad

Whitey@Work responded on 7 Apr 2013 10:22 PM

It is a MS Partner support case: RU13 states new installation of CRM 2011 is supported on Windows Server 2012

They confirmed yes the RU13 is out but not the SHS for installation.

Whitey@Work responded on 7 Apr 2013 10:23 PM

Here is the answer:

Answer                                 

Hyung Suh    replied on        
April 8, 2013        
  •         

Support Engineer                                          Community Star

Hi,

As mentioned on the CRM 2011 Update Rollup 13 compatibility list from the web site below.

SHS will be published soon to support Windows Server 2012.

Regards,

HS

Mohammad Atif responded on 7 Apr 2013 10:35 PM

Thank you , i will check and update this thread.

Regards,

Mohammad

Mohammad Atif responded on 8 Apr 2013 2:18 PM

It's not published yet, expected release date is 23rd April 2013

Mohammad Atif responded on 10 Apr 2013 5:49 PM

Self-Healing Setup (SHS) has been published, can you please try to install the CRM 2011 in w2012 now with install updates from automatically option selected. Make sure you have internet connection in your server when you do this installation.

Thanks,

Mohammad