Question Status

Verified
Ramtin Mehdigholi asked a question on 11 Apr 2013 1:26 AM

I have installed Dynamics CRM on-premise 2011 few months ago. Which I could install Client for Outlook for 2 persons... now I want to install Client again for some other persons which are defined as user in CRM... but faced some problems:

1- For a salesperson, I installed it but couldn't Connect to Server

2- For some other salespersons again I installed it and could connect and authenticate but in Adding organization Step it just goes to around 50% and face two errors...

3- For a CSR, apparently everything is done well but the added organization is empty and shows an error

please help :(

Gustaf Westerlund responded on 11 Apr 2013 1:44 AM

Hi,

Could you give some more details on what the errors are that you are getting?

Regards Gustaf Westerlund
MVP, CEO and Chief Architect at CRM-Konsulterna
www.crmkonsulterna.se
CRM Blog

If you find answers useful, please mark them as answered, it will help all of us in the community!

Jon Birnbaum responded on 12 Apr 2013 9:39 AM

Hi Ramtin,

As Gustaf suggested, any additional information you can provide about the errors would be greatly appreciated.  Also, what version of Outlook are you using in each environment and what Update Rollup is the server and each client on?

Thank you for using the Microsoft Dynamics Communities!

Jon Birnbaum
Support Escalation Engineer
Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Marketing

Ramtin Mehdigholi responded on 12 Apr 2013 10:41 PM

thanks Gustaf and JBirnbau for replying ;)

these are the errors in each case:

1- No microsoft dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name and user ID... and also there was a error relating to Business ID...

2- First : There is a problem communicating with the Microsoft Dynamics CRM server. The server might be unavailable. Try again later. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.

Second : Cannot configure the organization for Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook. Try to configure the organization again. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator.  

3- An error has occurred.Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft Dynamics CRM Community for solutions or contact your organization's Microsoft Dynamics CRM Administrator. Finally, you can contact Microsoft Support.

and I'm using Outlook 2010 ... ;)

Suggested Answer
Stef Rose responded on 13 Apr 2013 12:37 AM

I suggest you to first, revise technologies for servers and Outlook applications. Most of the time, when you first face an error of type 'unable connecting to Server(s)', there is certainly a misconduction between Apps and Servers sync and technology. Under the second point of your question, my own analyze determines that your still invovlved with point one of my answer, and / or, maybe you used wizard to automatically add or determine some specific fields under featured options, and probably, your first two steps of 'Adding' clients' exclude the conformity involved by CSR protocoles and domains of applications. Try to standardize your technology over business domains and its related clients.

Stephane Rose

Private Advisor

Ramtin Mehdigholi responded on 13 Apr 2013 12:40 AM

And the Server is 2008 R2 ;)

Ramtin Mehdigholi responded on 13 Apr 2013 12:52 AM

thanx Stef ;) But I've already installed CRM Client on Outlook for two Users and It's Working Without any Problem ... I think if the problem was the technology you mentioned, I couldn't Install it for those too, Could I?

Suggested Answer
Gustaf Westerlund responded on 13 Apr 2013 1:59 AM

Ok. So It workks for some users. What I usually try to do in your situation is to narrow down the problem. Try giving the user admin rights temporarily, use a different computer, use the same computer but with one of the user that do work. Try to analyse the results to see if you can find what might be the cause. It is usually easier when you know where you should be looking.

www.crmkonsulterna.se
CRM Blog

If you find answers useful, please mark them as answered, it will help all of us in the community!

Verified Answer
Ramtin Mehdigholi responded on 22 Apr 2013 10:45 PM

finally I could find the solution :) First, updated the connector then changed each person's security role to system administrator ... after connecting them to server, changed back to original role ;)

Ramtin Mehdigholi responded on 22 Apr 2013 10:48 PM

now I have another problem for just one user :(

first, user could connect to server through web browser... after trying to connect through outlook, User couldn't connect in both ways !!!

these are the errors:

"Business Management Error (The User ID associated with the current record is not valid."

"No Microsoft dynamics CRM user exists with the specified domain name and user ID."

there is one point here... Using local admin user which wants to authorize for connecting to CRM through IE, user can see the CRM records....

this is what I did:

I've made a test user in AD, then Updated the user profile in CRM with this test user and saved it ... then updated again with original user and saved ... but there was no useful conclusion :(

Verified Answer
Ramtin Mehdigholi responded on 22 Apr 2013 10:45 PM

finally I could find the solution :) First, updated the connector then changed each person's security role to system administrator ... after connecting them to server, changed back to original role ;)

Suggested Answer
Stef Rose responded on 13 Apr 2013 12:37 AM

I suggest you to first, revise technologies for servers and Outlook applications. Most of the time, when you first face an error of type 'unable connecting to Server(s)', there is certainly a misconduction between Apps and Servers sync and technology. Under the second point of your question, my own analyze determines that your still invovlved with point one of my answer, and / or, maybe you used wizard to automatically add or determine some specific fields under featured options, and probably, your first two steps of 'Adding' clients' exclude the conformity involved by CSR protocoles and domains of applications. Try to standardize your technology over business domains and its related clients.

Stephane Rose

Private Advisor

Suggested Answer
Gustaf Westerlund responded on 13 Apr 2013 1:59 AM

Ok. So It workks for some users. What I usually try to do in your situation is to narrow down the problem. Try giving the user admin rights temporarily, use a different computer, use the same computer but with one of the user that do work. Try to analyse the results to see if you can find what might be the cause. It is usually easier when you know where you should be looking.

www.crmkonsulterna.se
CRM Blog