Question Status

Verified
Uri Roitman asked a question on 3 May 2013 4:14 AM

Hello,

I am using Dynamics CRM Online and experiencing problems after the last manual update.

I create a new lead for a new contact in an existing company that already in my accounts and set that company name for that lead in a "Company" field.

When the lead is qualifying i use the option "account already exist" and there I set the same company name. 

The new contact from the lead is created but it doesn't have any reference to the account.

If i qualifying the lead without pointing out that this account is already exist then it will create new Account, which will be duplicate to already exist account.

If i try to merge the accounts, the lead contact will be deleted from the merged account! 

So actually i have 2 questions: 

1. How to create a lead that will automatically synchronize to exist account?

2. How to merge all the duplicate accounts so that the leading contact will be merged and not overwritten?

Thank you in advance,

Uri

Aaron Richards responded on 17 May 2013 1:57 PM

Thanks Uri,

For your first question, there is no way in CRM Out of Box to automatically relate a lead that you are qualifying into an account. You would need to qualify this into a new account and then merge the accounts. In order to keep the originating lead, you would need to be sure you select the account that was created from the lead to be the master record.

Thank you for using Microsoft Dynamics CRM Communities,

Dynamics CRM Support Blog

Aaron Richards
Sr. Support Engineer
Microsoft Dynamics CRM

Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 18 May 2013 2:50 PM

The following link might be of help for you:

support.microsoft.com/.../2693711

M.Adeel

Uri Roitman responded on 20 May 2013 8:03 AM

Thank you all for your time and for the replays.

AARONRIC:

This feature was available before the Roll-up 12, at least I didn't had any duplication's till now, all qualified leads were merged to accounts... I am new to CRM so i not sure how exactly it worked there...

MUHAMMAD ADEEL JAVAID :

following your link seems that I will need to dive deep in to a automatic processes of the MS CRM and build a process that will check the duplication? Unfortunately I don't find options that are mentioned in the article (maybe because i have different version than the one that is refers there). maybe you familiar with more generic article for this issue, or some example for duplication prevention?

BTW, if I need to set the duplication prevention manually than what does the "Duplicate Detection Settings" are for?

Thank you in advance,

Uri

Verified Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 20 May 2013 8:10 AM

CRM can check for duplicates when someone creates a new record or updates an existing record, a user goes from offline to online after using Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook, or someone imports data into CRM from an external source, such as Excel.

After you decide when CRM should check for duplicates, the second task is to set up duplicate detection rules.

Duplicate detection rules define the patterns that CRM uses to match similar or identical records.

For example, contacts that have exactly the same e-mail address.

Each rule applies to a single entity or a pair of entities such as the Account and Contact entities, which are similar to each other because they both represent customers.

CRM includes simple duplicate-detection rules that you can use as examples to create rules that meet your organization’s needs.

To create a duplicate detection rule, choose which fields CRM should use to identify possible matches.

Like customizations and workflows, duplicate detection rules must be published before they can be used.

The third and final task is to set duplicate detection rules to run automatically at regular intervals. This task is optional, but recommended.

For large amounts of data, duplication detection can take some time. To ensure you’re not blocked from doing other things in CRM, duplicate detection runs in the background.

You can choose to receive e-mail notifications when a duplicate detection job is complete. As users enter data, CRM automatically checks for duplicates based on the criteria defined by the duplicate detection rules.

When CRM finds a potential duplicate, it prompts the user to decide what they want to do with it. If duplicate detection rules are defined for an entity, anyone can start a duplicate detection job manually.

Because even duplicate data may have some value, CRM never automatically deletes any records from your system. You or your users choose what to do with potential duplicates.

M.Adeel

Verified Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 20 May 2013 8:13 AM

The following link could also be of great help for you:

blog.profad.com/.../duplicate-detection-merging-records-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011

M.Adeel

Uri Roitman responded on 28 May 2013 2:10 AM

Hi Muhammad,

Thank you!

Verified Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 20 May 2013 8:10 AM

CRM can check for duplicates when someone creates a new record or updates an existing record, a user goes from offline to online after using Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Outlook, or someone imports data into CRM from an external source, such as Excel.

After you decide when CRM should check for duplicates, the second task is to set up duplicate detection rules.

Duplicate detection rules define the patterns that CRM uses to match similar or identical records.

For example, contacts that have exactly the same e-mail address.

Each rule applies to a single entity or a pair of entities such as the Account and Contact entities, which are similar to each other because they both represent customers.

CRM includes simple duplicate-detection rules that you can use as examples to create rules that meet your organization’s needs.

To create a duplicate detection rule, choose which fields CRM should use to identify possible matches.

Like customizations and workflows, duplicate detection rules must be published before they can be used.

The third and final task is to set duplicate detection rules to run automatically at regular intervals. This task is optional, but recommended.

For large amounts of data, duplication detection can take some time. To ensure you’re not blocked from doing other things in CRM, duplicate detection runs in the background.

You can choose to receive e-mail notifications when a duplicate detection job is complete. As users enter data, CRM automatically checks for duplicates based on the criteria defined by the duplicate detection rules.

When CRM finds a potential duplicate, it prompts the user to decide what they want to do with it. If duplicate detection rules are defined for an entity, anyone can start a duplicate detection job manually.

Because even duplicate data may have some value, CRM never automatically deletes any records from your system. You or your users choose what to do with potential duplicates.

M.Adeel

Verified Answer
Muhammad Adeel Javaid responded on 20 May 2013 8:13 AM

The following link could also be of great help for you:

blog.profad.com/.../duplicate-detection-merging-records-in-microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011

M.Adeel