Question Status

Verified
Sijoba asked a question on 16 May 2013 12:56 AM

I have noticed in the early days of implementing Dynamics that saved data is changed when I come back to it. (a) Probability values entered and saved within opportunity records are sometimes different when I come back to them (e.g. entered 90, later appears as 50); (b) an opportunity closed as won reappeared the next day in the pipeline. Could anyone explain why this might happen and how I could prevent it?

Verified Answer
Mohammad Atif responded on 20 May 2013 2:06 PM

Hi  Sijoba ,

Please update the thread if the suggestions shared here on this thread are helpful.

Thanks,

Mohammad

Suggested Answer
mohan billakanti responded on 18 May 2013 3:00 PM

As Mubasher Said, There might be some code running behind the scenes which is updating the data. Below information could help you to check.

1) If java script: Open the corresponding entity in Design mode, click on "Form Properties" on ribbon bar.

2) If plugin: Go to Settings-> Customizations->Default Solution -> Plugin Assemblies and see whether any plugins registered.

3) If workflow: Go to Settings->Processes

Thanks,

Mohan.B

Mubasher Sharif responded on 16 May 2013 12:59 AM

Please verify there is no JavaScript or Plugin is registered on Opportunity record. If yes please check you code or try to disable all the JavaScript and plugin and check your records. You can also check audit history meanwhile.

Regards,

Mubasher

Sijoba responded on 16 May 2013 8:46 AM

Thank you - I may need further assistance given my limited experience so I'll see what I can achieve based on your suggestions.

Suggested Answer
mohan billakanti responded on 18 May 2013 3:00 PM

As Mubasher Said, There might be some code running behind the scenes which is updating the data. Below information could help you to check.

1) If java script: Open the corresponding entity in Design mode, click on "Form Properties" on ribbon bar.

2) If plugin: Go to Settings-> Customizations->Default Solution -> Plugin Assemblies and see whether any plugins registered.

3) If workflow: Go to Settings->Processes

Thanks,

Mohan.B

Verified Answer
Mohammad Atif responded on 20 May 2013 2:06 PM

Hi  Sijoba ,

Please update the thread if the suggestions shared here on this thread are helpful.

Thanks,

Mohammad

Sijoba responded on 31 May 2013 8:00 AM

I escalated the issue to Zero to Ten and the issue was clarified in a webcon with a US representative. The problem was indeed the action of workflows, which I have now de-activated.

Thank you.