Question Status

Verified
AdamBrown55 asked a question on 19 Jun 2013 8:24 AM

Hi,

I am using Dynamics CRM online and have been requested to set up a workflow that will close the appointments regarding a lead from the Lead window and I just need to know if it is possible.

We have a drop down that launches a workflow that creates an appointment, (When Create Appointment is selected) and another one that creates an appointment and closes it as complete (When Create closed appointment is selected) - Using the change status step looking at Entities created in the workflow what I now need to look into is if we can select "Close open appointments" and have the open appointment to close, there should only ever be one appointment open but if there is a way to close all appointments that are open this would be great.

Thanks

Adam

Verified Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 19 Jun 2013 11:37 AM

Use the link on this page to get the version that will work with CRM Online

http://practical-crm.blogspot.com/2013/03/distribute-workflow-for-crm-2011-online.html

Jason Lattimer
My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Suggested Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 19 Jun 2013 10:52 AM

I think you could accomplish this using this custom workflow library: CRM 2011 Distribute Workflow Activity

Create a child workflow on Appointment to close it out.

Create the parent workflow on Lead and specify the relationship between Lead and Appointment.

It will in turn call the child workflow to close the related records.

Jason Lattimer

Suggested Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 19 Jun 2013 10:52 AM

I think you could accomplish this using this custom workflow library: CRM 2011 Distribute Workflow Activity

Create a child workflow on Appointment to close it out.

Create the parent workflow on Lead and specify the relationship between Lead and Appointment.

It will in turn call the child workflow to close the related records.

Jason Lattimer

AdamBrown55 responded on 19 Jun 2013 11:06 AM

It looks like it will do what I want but I believe this is for On Premise Only? Is there a way to get the same effect for CRM Online?

Verified Answer
Jason Lattimer responded on 19 Jun 2013 11:37 AM

Use the link on this page to get the version that will work with CRM Online

http://practical-crm.blogspot.com/2013/03/distribute-workflow-for-crm-2011-online.html

Jason Lattimer

AdamBrown55 responded on 20 Jun 2013 5:21 AM

Thank you very much, Works like a dream.