Importing organization - DB not listed in import wizard(CRM 2011)

Importing organization - DB not listed in import wizard(CRM 2011)

This question is not answered

Hi,

I have a problem to import one of my organization. I restored a backup from a DB I'm using on another CRM Server on another SQL instance to import it on my DEV CRM server. So when I start the import organization wizard in the deployment manager tool, I don't see my database listed on my SQL instance. I can see 2 organization databases, but not the one I want. I checked the rights, they seems good. Do someone have an idea about what I need to check to make it visible into the import wizard ?

thanks!

All Replies
  • Hi,

What have you called the new database that you have restored?  If you haven't called it %databasename&_MSCRM then the depoyment manager will not recognise it and allow you to import.

Regards

• No, unfortunately, my database name is "CRM_Unit_MSCRM"

• This is strange that deployment Manager can see other database from the same SQL server but not this one only. Have your database restored successfully without any issue. Can you check the state of the database :msdn.microsoft.com/.../ms174269.aspx.also, is your database backup  has been taken form the CRM 2011 version?

Thanks,

Mohammad

• Thanks Mohammad for your answer.

Yes my database is a backup from another CRM 2011 organization on another SQL server. My DBA did a new backup restore since I suspected a bad restore, but with no success. How can I check ma database state ? the link you provided doesn't works...

thanks!

• blog.sqlauthority.com/.../sql-server-2005-find-database-status-using-sysdatabases-or-databasepropertyex

Thanks,

Mohammad