Question Status

Unanswered
John Ferrara asked a question on 5 Jul 2013 8:44 AM

Our fiscal calendar is based on 4 Quarters.  The quarters are not simply full months.  Each quarter is made up of 4 weeks, 4 weeks, and 5 weeks.  Is this the "4 week period" setting in CRM Online or do I have to do something custom?

invantix responded on 6 Mar 2014 12:02 PM

Did you ever figure out how to do this?

I have a similar situation (we have quarters that are 5-4-4 weeks).  

Monday is the first day of a week...

All I see is changing the start date of a fiscal quarter and no way to define the periods

John Ferrara responded on 7 Mar 2014 12:36 PM

No...I wound up building a staging table that holds the start\end dates for each period.  I then bounce the transaction date against that table to determine what the period it is in.  It's not pretty, but it works.

invantix responded on 8 Mar 2014 3:44 AM

So does your staging table allow you to use your 4-5-5 calendar with the functionality for goals in Dynamics CRM ie setting quarterly and monthly goals?  

I seems that now all of your reporting and goal setting is complicated and probably requires IT help.  In Sales Force I just set up the periods and the sales manager could use the report wizard to create whatever fiscal period based goals/reports he needed.

John Ferrara responded on 10 Mar 2014 5:40 AM

We don't use the goal functionality yet, so I'm not sure if it would work.  We created a separate entity primarily for doing all of our reporting.  We break out the dates into 3 separate fields (month, day, year) and then use the staging table to determine what 4-4-5 fiscal period it's in.  We are doing this all in back end fetchxml\sql queries...not in CRM.  It's a pain, but we got it working.