Error opening Process Center - CRM 2011

This question is not answered

Hello everyone.

I discovered an issue recently in the company's testing CRM platform. When I try to open the Process Center to look for all processes, I receive an error like this:

Error

An error has ocurred.

Try this action again. If the problem continues, check the Microsoft...

I am using the CRM administrator user, so I would not be a security permission's issue.

Looking through logs I did not see anything related to this error. What could be the cause? Any idea or suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Andres

All Replies
  • is this happening in crm online or CRM on premise , if on premise, is this happening for all the crm users and from multiple systems? if you turn on the Platform tracing using the CRM 2011 Diag tool and also turn on the dev errors you will get more information on this generic error message

Thanks,

Mohammad

• Mohammad, thank you for your answer.

Unfortunately the problem got worse in the latest hours. Thinking that a services restart might change the issues, I went to the Windows Services window and restarted the CRM services. I stopped in the following order:

1. CRM Unzip Service

2. CRM Sandobox processing service

3. CRM Asynchronous processing service (maintenance)

4. CRM Asynchronous processing service

After that I started the services in the opposite order. Each service started without errors, and the application opened after that.

However, now I have errors when entering to the Dashboard, Accounts, Lead, etc. Nearly 90% of the modules are showing errors now. I can enter to see the Users, Security profiles and Teams thought.

Looking at the Windows Event Viewer, I read the following warning:

Process information:

Process ID: 2352

Process name: w3wp.exe

Account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Exception information:

Exception type: SocketException

Exception message: No such host is known

at System.Net.Dns.InternalGetHostByName(String hostName, Boolean includeIPv6)

at System.Net.Dns.GetHostAddresses(String hostNameOrAddress)

at Microsoft.Crm.Application.Utility.Util.IsLocalUrl(String url)...

Request information:

Request URL: http://localhost/CRMSYN/_root/homepage.aspx?etc=4200&pagemode=iframe&sitemappath=Workplace|MyWork|nav_activities

Request path: /CRMSYN/_root/homepage.aspx

User host address: ::1

User: SYNAPSISIT\crmtest

Is authenticated: True

Authentication Type: Negotiate

Thread account name: NT AUTHORITY\NETWORK SERVICE

Keep in mind that I am trying to enter to the CRM application from the CRM server, so I am using the web address with "localhost". But this issues did not appear before the services restart. Any suggestion about the issues?

Regards,

Andres

• Are your crm services are running in service account . if yes it could be due to the Service account lock out . Reentered the correct credentials and restart all the CRM services again and then check

Thanks,

Mohammad

• Thank you again for your response Mohammad.

The issue has been resolved (at least temporarily) after writing the ip and hostname in the server's hosts file. Then the application workes fine, but this is weird since the information of the server and hostnames should be taken from the Active DIrectory, rather than from a local hosts file.

Regards,

Andres

• Has anything changed in your DNS? Do you have any customizations that are hardcoded to a particular URL?

It doesn't look like you're using an IFD, but have you employed a vanity URL?

Have you used the machine name in the URL instead of Localhost? what abut launching CRM from IIS or the Deployment Manager?