Question Status

Verified
Andrew Ciccarelli asked a question on 14 Aug 2013 12:15 PM

Hello - Is there any supported way to change the background color of grid view rows ? If row values meet certain criteria then I want it to display with a red background. Have you ever done this in a supported way? Or have you done this in an "unsupported" way that seems to be pretty solid and work well?

Verified Answer
Scott Durow (MVP) responded on 15 Aug 2013 1:20 AM

Hi Andrew,

You can do conditional text colour formatting n Outlook - blogs.msdn.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-let-s-get-conditional.aspx

This is only configurable on a user by user basis and can not be done centrally. You would either need to set it up for your users - or teach them how to do it (I prefer the latter since it gives them more productivity tools)

There are un-supported ways of doing this in the Web Client - but they will not upgrade to CRM 2013 and I don't recommend going down that route.

hth

Verified Answer
Scott Durow (MVP) responded on 15 Aug 2013 1:20 AM

Hi Andrew,

You can do conditional text colour formatting n Outlook - blogs.msdn.com/.../microsoft-dynamics-crm-2011-let-s-get-conditional.aspx

This is only configurable on a user by user basis and can not be done centrally. You would either need to set it up for your users - or teach them how to do it (I prefer the latter since it gives them more productivity tools)

There are un-supported ways of doing this in the Web Client - but they will not upgrade to CRM 2013 and I don't recommend going down that route.

hth